High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is an effective and dynamic way to burn fat and get in shape. In less time than traditional workouts, HIIT allows us to achieve the same health and fitness goals – if not better – with the added bonus of spending less time in the gym. This will help you reap the benefits of HIIT and burn fat in a short amount of time.
What You Need
To complete this workout, you will need an interval timer, a pair of light dumbbells, and an exercise mat.
- Start your interval timer for 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest.
- Lunge to Press: Step your left leg backward into a lunge and perform a bicep curl with your right arm. Press the weight overhead as you step your left leg forward and stand. Repeat to the opposite side.
- Burpees: Place your hands on the floor in front of your feet and jump your feet back into a plank. Perform a single push up and then jump your feet back to the beginning plank position. Finally, jump up into the air with your hands overhead.
- Front Raise to Uppercut: Begin standing with a pair of dumbbells in your hands. Raise your arms up to shoulder level and then circle your arms outwards into an uppercut punch, ending back in the shoulder height position.
- Alternating Row to Overhead Press: Start in plank position with one hand on a dumbbell and perform a row with the free arm. During the row, press the weight overhead before returning to plank position. Repeat to the opposite side.
- Jump Squat: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and lower down into a squat. While pushing the ground with your feet, explode out of the squat position, landing softly back down into the squat.
- Lateral Frog Hop: Squat down in the middle of your exercise mat with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Jump your feet together to one side and then jump them back to the original position. Repeat to the opposite side.
- Jumping Jacks: Stand with your feet together and your arms at your side. Jump your feet out while simultaneously bringing your arms up overhead. Jump your feet back together while lowering your arms down to the starting position.
- Mountain Climbers: Begin in a push-up position and run your feet in towards your chest one at a time, alternating legs. Keep your back and hips in a straight line.
- 3-Way Step Push Up: Start in a plank position with one hand on an elevated platform. Lower your chest to the platform and then jump your feet out to one side. Jump your feet back to the centre and perform a push-up. Repeat to the opposite side.
- How many rounds should I do? We recommend doing 8 rounds of this HIIT workout for maximum benefit.
- How often should I do this workout? You can do this HIIT workout up to three times a week, depending on your fitness level. Make sure to take a minimum of one day off in between workouts.
- What results can I expect? You can expect to burn fat and increase your overall fitness level with this HIIT workout.
The 10-MinHIIT Workout for Fat Loss is an effective, efficient way to get in shape and burn fat fast. Use this powerful workout as part of your weekly fitness routine and feel the difference in no time. Good luck!
How often should a be performed to achieve maximum fat loss results?For maximum fat loss results, it’s recommended to perform the at least 3-4 times a week. It is important to give yourself enough rest in between sessions to ensure that you allow your body to fully recover and reduce the risk of injury.
What types of exercises are most beneficial for a ?A 10-minute HIIT workout for fat loss should focus on exercises that work multiple muscle groups at once, such as burpees, mountain climbers, squats, plank jacks, and jump squats. These body-weight exercises target both your upper and lower body and can help you burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. Other good exercises include high-intensity interval training (HIIT) on a stationary bike or rowing machine, as well as running drills and plyometrics.
What safety precautions should be taken when performing a ?To ensure safety when performing 10-Min HIIT Workouts for fat loss, it is important to:
1. Make sure you warm-up and stretch prior to performing the workout.
2. Choose low-impact exercises that won’t cause any undue strain on the body.
3. Monitor your heart rate to ensure you’re not over-exerting yourself.
4. Don’t forget to cool down and stretch after each workout.
5. Ensure you take enough time and rest in between sets to reduce fatigue.
6. Aim to drink plenty of water before and after each session.
7. Don’t ignore any pain or discomfort. If something hurts, stop and rest.
8. Take it slowly and gradually increase the intensity of the workout as your fitness level improves.
9. Don’t forget to listen to your body and adjust the workout to suit your needs.
10. If you’re new to HIIT workouts, consider consulting a doctor, physical therapist or a qualified exercise professional for advice.