All health-conscious people discuss the benefits of a slimmer midsection and possessing six-packs in the abdomen. You might have wondered about the best ab exercises at home without equipment. Besides eating proteins for better muscle development, keeping your core strong is challenging for the one striving to have strong ab muscles, which are crucial in keeping the whole body and especially your spine stable.
The rectus abdominis muscle is the most important and runs along the abdominal wall. Also, it is the first thing that emerges to mind whenever someone thinks of having abs. The Transverse abdominis muscle lies deepest in the abdomen, and these muscles determine a stronger spine. The Oblique muscles occur in two sets internal and external.
You can perform the best ab exercises at home without a gym membership and equipment.
Get ready to target your abs through ab exercises at home!
The most crucial of all the exercises that build your spine stronger is the plank. You often see people doing plank in different ways. A desire urges whenever you see an athlete possessing an attractive body, broader chest, and strong abdominal muscles to have such worth-seeing physiques. The importance of plank exercise lies in the fact that plank helps you to have a stronger core and stable spine.
- Place your palms flat on the floor, hands shoulder-width apart, shoulders stacked directly above your wrists
- Extend your legs behind you, feet hip-width apart
- Tuck your tailbone and engage your core, butt, and quads
- Hold here for a set amount of time
Mountain climbers utilize both contraction and stabilization. They can be used as conditioning to increase work capacity and function as dynamic exercise. If you have tried plank exercise, mountain climbers are best for you.
The one who performs mountain climber exercise builds working capacity. Here is how to do this best ab exercise at home:
- Get into a full plank position
- Engage your core keeping your torso stable
- Bring your right knee to your chest while keeping your other legal starting point
- Do the same with both the legs
Would you like to balance your lower back with core strengthening ab exercises at home? Indulge in the leg raise exercise that helps prevent lower back pain. Here is how to practice the leg raise ab exercise:
- Lie flat with your face facing the ceiling with your legs extended
- Now bring your legs towards your face until they become vertical
- Get them back to the floor
Be sure your back is continuously touching the floor!
A dynamic variation of the crunch, this exercise keeps things exciting and targets the obliques and serratus anterior and abdominals.
It is one of the best ab exercises at home that involve core muscles stability. Here is how to practice this workout:
- Lay flat with your hands behind your head and knees lifting your feet
- Now bring your left elbow and right knee closer. So that they nearly touch each other
- Repeat the same with the other side.
You might have incorporated different core strengthening ab exercises at home into your workout routine. But have you ever heard about pike crunches? Despite strengthening your core, it improves flexibility and coordination for a workout.
Here is how you can effectively practice one of the ultimate ab exercises at home:
- Lay flat on your back, with arms, fully stretched
- Elevate both your legs
- Bring them down slowly until the pressure you feel between your lower back, and the floor disappears
Here is another perfect ab exercise workout that can strengthen your core and enhance stability. It is the most traditional workout that existed before the yoga workouts.
If you want to stabilize your abdominal muscles and deep hip flexors, the boat pose is ideal. You can build your balance with the boat pose. Here are step-by-step instructions to try the ab exercises at home:
- Start with a seated position on the ground
- Lift your feet towards the ceiling
- Straight your legs at a 45-degrees angle without losing the integrity of the upper body
- Now straighten your arms roughly parallel to the ground
- Balance your sit bonce for five seconds
- Return to the starting position and keep repeating
It is one of the ultimate bodyweight ab exercises at home that focuses on abdominal muscles. You might be wondering to incorporate heel tap or ankle tap into your workout routine. Here is how to accomplish the heel tap workout effectively:
- Lie on your yoga mat
- Bent your ankles at 90 degrees with your feet facing the ground
- Extend one foot and touch the ground with your heel
- Repeat with both legs for at least 10-times
Another best abs workout exercise is Russian twists. Generally, it focuses on your core muscles to strengthen them.
To perform the abs workout exercises Russian twist:
- Sit on the ground with your hips touching the ground
- Hold a weight with both arms
- Twist your torso to the right side until your right arm becomes parallel to the floor
- Hold this position for a few seconds
- Turn to the starting position and repeat the same with the other side
What’s more, here is one of the ultimate ab exercises at home. You might have heard about the leg lower dynamic core exercise by a fitness expert.
Here is how to do leg lower exercise effectually:
- Lay on the ground and keep your lower back flat against the ground
- Lift your legs at a 90-degrees angle directly overhead
- Now lower your legs to make a hovering position
- Keep holding for 5-10 seconds
- Return to the starting position and keep echoing
Situps are one of the classical ab exercises at home that focuses on core stabilization. Situps target more muscles than crunches and static core exercises.
- Sit up straight with your knees bent and your feet placed on the ground directly in front of you
- Slowly lower your upper body four to five inches away from your feet and hold the position for five to 10 seconds
- Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise 10 times
Ab Exercises at Home – The Takeaway
Here is all about the ab exercises at home. You can add a couple of ab exercises at home into your fitness journey. Strengthening your ab muscles can improve your posture and balance and help you avoid sports-related injuries. To build your ab muscles, perform three sets of ab-focused exercises two to three times a week.