Are Tomatoes Good for Weight Loss? A Complete Guide
Tomatoes are a great addition to any healthy diet as they are low in calories, but packed with nutrients. But are tomatoes good for weight loss? Here we explore all you need to know about tomatoes and weight loss including tips for incorporating them into your diet, and services such as MYFITAPE, who provide tailored weight loss plans.
Are Tomatoes Good for Weight Loss?
Tomatoes are a great source of dietary fiber, which helps you feel full for longer and can make it easier to stick to a reduced-calorie diet. Studies have also shown that eating tomatoes can help to reduce waist circumference. Tomatoes contain high levels of the antioxidant lycopene which may help to lower the risk of certain types of cancer. They also contain vitamins A, K and C which help to support a healthy immune system.
Although tomatoes are a low calorie food, eating in moderation is key for successful weight loss. The amount of tomatoes you should eat as part of a weight loss diet will depend on your individual calorie and macronutrient needs.
Tips for Incorporating Tomatoes into a Weight-Loss Friendly Diet
- Add tomatoes to salads or sandwiches.
- Make a salsa or tomato-based sauce and use with vegetables, pasta or chicken.
- Cut up tomatoes and add to omelettes or scrambled eggs.
- Grill or roast tomatoes as part of a vegetable side dish.
- Add tomatoes to soups or stews for extra flavour and nutrient-density.
MYFITAPE Weight Loss Services
MYFITAPE offer personalised weight loss programmes including nutrition and exercise plans tailored to your needs. These are provided by certified dietitians and personal trainers. The plans are designed to be easy to follow, and include meal plans, healthy recipes and tips for success.
How to Book a Weight Loss Programme on MYFITAPE?
Booking a weight loss programme on MYFITAPE is easy. First, you need to set up an account by creating a profile. Then you will be asked to provide information about your lifestyle and dietary needs. You can choose your preferred program type and payment plan. Once this is done, a certified professional will design a plan to meet your needs. You can access the programme and support forum anytime through the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are tomatoes fattening?
A: No, tomatoes are low in calories and can help you to lose weight. They are packed with vital nutrients such as lycopene and vitamins A, K and C which help to support a healthy immune system.
Q: How many tomatoes should I eat for weight loss?
A: The amount of tomatoes you should eat as part of a weight-loss diet will depend on your individual calorie and macronutrient needs. It is important to eat them in moderation and to include a variety of other healthy foods to support your weight-loss journey.
Q: How can I book a weight-loss programme on MYFITAPE?
A: First, you need to set up an account by creating a profile. Then you will be asked to provide information about your lifestyle and dietary needs. You can choose your preferred program type and payment plan. Once this is done, a certified professional will design a plan to meet your needs. You can access the programme and support forum anytime through the app.
What are some recipes that incorporate tomatoes for weight loss?1. Grilled Tomato Salad: Slice fresh tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Grill on medium-high heat until lightly charred. Serve over a bed of lettuce with feta cheese and walnuts.
2. Tomato Soup: Sauté garlic, onion and celery in a large pot until softened. Add canned crushed tomatoes and a tablespoon of tomato paste. Simmer for 20 minutes and blend until smooth. Serve with a tablespoon of olive oil and fresh herbs.
3. Baked Zucchini and Tomato Ravioli: Line a baking dish with thinly sliced zucchini. Top with slices of fresh tomatoes and basil, then layer with pre-made ravioli. Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F.
4. Tomato-y Greek Salad: Toss together cubed tomatoes, diced cucumber, Kalamata olives, red onion and feta cheese. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Mexican-Style Tomato Salsa: Finely chop tomatoes, onions, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and garlic together in a bowl. Stir in lime juice and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of cumin. Serve with baked chips or over tacos.