Having difficulty finding the time or extra cash to go to the gym? While gyms offer the best workout environment, there are several alternative options to consider. With some self-discipline, you can use an at-home fat loss workout plan and still reach your fitness goals.
What Is Needed?
To start a successful at-home plan, you’ll need the following items:
- A comfortable pair of workout clothes & shoes
- A way to measure your heart rate and move times
- An exercise mat for stretching
- An adjustable weight set or a pair of dumbells
- Resistance bands or a pull-up bar (optional)
Creating Your Plan
Once you have the necessary equipment, it’s time to make your fat loss workout plan. Here are the main components to include in your plan:
- Cardio Work: Cardio should be done 3-5 times a week, for 20-30 minutes each time. Start at a comfortable pace and gradually increase the difficulty. Examples of activities include running, cycling, and jumping rope.
- Strength Training: Strength training should also be done 3-5 times a week. Alternate between different body muscles each day so you can rest in between workouts. Examples of strength training include push-ups, planks, and squats.
- Stretching and Mobility: This is a very important part of your routine and should be done at least once a week for a minimum of 10 minutes. This helps keep your muscles and joints healthy which, in turn, keeps your body working efficiently. Examples of stretching and mobility exercises include lunges, dynamic stretching, and foam rolling.
Sticking with your at-home fat loss workout plan can be difficult. Here are a few tips to help you stay motivated:
- Set realistic goals and monitor your progress. This helps you stay on track and recognize your small successes.
- Switch it up and try different exercises. This helps keep you engaged and interested in your workouts.
- Be positive – tell yourself positive mantras and give yourself positive affirmations.
- Change your environment – try exercising outdoors or listening to upbeat music.
- Reward yourself when you hit milestones!
Q: How often should I be working out?
A: You should strive to work out 3-5 times a week. Make sure you’re getting a mix of cardio, strength training, and stretching & mobility exercises.
Q: What equipment do I need?
A: You’ll need a comfortable pair of work-out clothes & shoes, a way to measure your heart rate and move times, an exercise mat for stretching, an adjustable weight set or a pair of dumbells, and resistance bands or a pull-up bar (optional).
Q: Can I do my workouts in the morning?
A: Yes! The best time to do your workouts is whatever time works best for you. Just make sure to allow enough time for your body to warm-up and cool-down.
Q: What should I eat?
A: Eating a healthy and balanced diet is important for any fitness plan. Make sure you’re getting enough protein, fats, carbohydrates, and vitamins to help fuel your workouts. Consult a dietician or nutritionist for help with meal planning.