For many people, losing fat from their back can be a challenging task. It requires consistent effort in order to get the desired results – and if you want to shape up for Summer, now is the time to get started on your back fat loss workout program. Below, we’ve put together an easy-to-follow guide for all you back fat-burning enthusiasts.
What Causes Back Fat?
Back fat is caused by a combination of a lack of muscle tone and excessive body fat. Without sufficient muscle tone, fat can tend to accumulate in your upper and lower back, resulting in what is commonly referred to as “back fat”. This can be bothersome, particularly when wearing revealing or tight-fitting clothing, as the back fat tends to push out.
What Exercises Help you Lose Back Fat?
Cardio is the best way to start burning fat on your back. Doing regular exercises such as running, cycling, swimming, or simply going for a walk can help to reduce the overall fat levels in your body. However, strength training is also essential to eliminating the bulk of your back fat. The following exercises are ideal for targeting fat-burning in your back:
- Pullups – pullups are an excellent way to target your back as well as your shoulders and biceps. They can help to build strength and tone your back muscles.
- Lat pulldowns – this exercise works your back muscles and can help strengthen them and reduce the fat.
- Back extensions – this exercise targets your lower back and helps to reduce fat and build muscle.
- Bent over rows – this exercise works your lats and helps to build strength and reduce fat in that area.
- Dumbbell flys – this exercise works your chest, shoulders, and back muscles, helping to build strength and burning fat around the upper body.
In addition to the exercises above, it’s important to stay consistent with your workout plan and to get adequate rest and recovery in order to achieve the best results.
Q: What is the best way to reduce back fat?
A: The best way to reduce back fat is by combining cardio exercises with strength training. This will help to burn fat and build muscle in order to tone and shape your back.
Q: How often should I do back exercises?
A: It’s recommended to perform back exercises at least 3 times per week. Make sure to allow for adequate rest and recovery in between sets and workouts in order to get the best results.
Q: Do I need to do cardio in order to lose back fat?
A: Yes, doing cardio is essential to burning fat. Make sure to pick a type of cardio that you enjoy in order to stick with it. This could be anything from running, cycling, swimming, or going for a walk.