Breaking Through a Weight Loss Plateau on Keto Diet
Keto diet is known to be the most effective dietary change for weight loss. But, sometimes it may seem like your efforts towards weight loss are futile. You may feel stuck on a weight loss plateau.
However, keto weight loss plateaus can easily be broken by making minor changes. Here are a few tips on how to break through that plateau while maintaining the keto diet:
1. Increase your workout
The amount of exercise matters when it comes to achieving weight loss. Recommencing a more vigorous exercise regimen and longer duration at least 3-4 days a week can increase your focus on burning fat and taking a further step to reach your goals.
2. Experiment with your macros
Ensure that your consumption of carbohydrates remains below a certain level, or else you are out of keto. You can also consider increasing your fat intake and slightly reducing your protein intake for a brief period.
3. Make sure you are in Ketosis
Regularly test your ketone levels to make sure that you are in ketosis and in a fat-burning state.
MYFITAPE Weight Loss Services
MyFitape offers personalized weight loss programs through a virtual platform. Our services include:
- Keto diet tracking: MyFitape helps you follow the keto diet and monitor your food intakes.
- Regular Meals: Our certified dietician and nutritionist will help you design your meal plan that works with your lifestyle and even customize meals for your tastes.
- Workout guidance: If you are looking for a workout to reach your goals, our certified fitness trainers have a plan for you or are happy to design it. You can also access the workouts from any device and track your progress easily.
- Accountability coaching: We believe that accountability is an essential part of weight loss. With our app, you can easily keep track of your progress and have access to support from an accountability coach.
How to Book Services on MyFitape
Booking is easy on our platform. Just follow these steps:
- Sign up and create an account.
- Choose your desired plan.
- Fill out your information such as age, weight, medical history, etc.
- Get assigned a coach and/or expert team that will help you along your weight loss journey.
- Start your program and let us help you reach your goal!
- What if I am not losing weight on the keto diet? Keto diet is known to be effective for weight loss but if you are not seeing the results, consult with a professional. Contact the experts at MyFitape and let us help you break through your weight loss plateau.
- What type of support do you provide? We offer meal planning, workout guidance, and offer accountability support tailored to your goals.
What tactics can I use to break through a weight loss plateau on a keto diet?1. Increase your daily physical activity: As you get leaner, it is harder to keep losing weight. Exercise can help you break through plateaus by creating a larger calorie deficit.
2. Try Intermittent Fasting: Eating fewer meals throughout the day can help you fall into ketosis more quickly and burn more fat.
3. Increase Healthy Fat Intake: Increasing your healthy fat intake can help you stay in ketosis and continue to lose weight.
4. Track Macros and Calorie Intake: Keeping track of your macros and calories can help you make sure you stay in a calorie deficit and remain in ketosis.
5. Tweak Macronutrient Ratios: Tweaking things like the ratio of fat to carbs could also help you break through a weight loss plateau.
6. Try a Different Keto Diet: There are different types of ketogenic diets and changing your diet could help you break through any weight loss plateaus.
How can I adjust my keto diet to overcome a weight loss plateau?If you are experiencing a weight loss plateau while on the ketogenic diet, there are a few steps you can take to try and rev up your metabolism. First, try tracking and measuring your macros, or macronutrients (carbs, protein, and fat) to see if you need to adjust your ratios. You may require more or less fat to encourage weight loss, or a larger protein intake to keep you satiated.
Second, consider to incorporate more physical activity into your daily routine. Low-intensity exercises such as walking, biking, or swimming can help boost your metabolism and encourage weight loss. You can also add weight-training or resistance exercises to increase your lean muscle mass and metabolism.
Lastly, consider cutting back on calories. As your body adapts to the keto diet, it’s possible that you may have become less active and therefore have to reduce your caloric intake to see continued weight loss.