For adults who have never have had the opportunity to learn to swim, or have limited swimming experience, taking affordable swimming lessons can be an important step to learning a valuable life skill. Swimming provides a great form of low-impact exercise and is an enjoyable activity to take part in that can be done on your own or with friends.
Why Should Adults Learn to Swim?
- Staying Safe Around Water: Knowing how to swim will help to reduce the chance of drowning in any water-based environment, as well as mitigate other risks associated with other water-based activities including boating.
- Health Benefits: Swimming is a great form of low impact exercise for adults that can help to improve cardiovascular health, strengthen the core muscles, and increase flexibility.
- Mental Health Benefits: Learning how to swim can help to reduce the symptoms of stress, tension, depression and improve the overall mood.
- Enjoyment: Swimming can provide great enjoyment, not only when participating but also being around and observing other swimmers.
Finding a Class & Cost
Finding a suitable class that is appropriate for a beginner can be a challenge. Different lessons and classes will have different requirements and tuition costs. To help find a suitable class it is worth considering:
- The level of feeable experience you have (you may require a course specifically designed for adults)
- The type of class you’re interested in (private or group class)
- The cost associated (class fee and pool fee etc)
To help locate a suitable and affordable classes it is worth searching online for local swimming clubs, or contact your local pool as many offer specialist swim classes.
Using MYFITAPE Adult Swim Lesson Finder Tool
MYFITAPE is the best way to search for adult swimming lessons and classes. You can search from anywhere in the world, without leaving the comfort of your own home. With MYFITAPE you can use the convenient search filter to find the closest classes, tailored to your own individual needs. MYFITAPE allows you to view information such as:
- Class pricing and availability
- Instructor’s expertise
- Student reviews
- Class times and description
MYFITAPE also provide advice and resources to help you get the most out of your swimming lessons and can help to identify a suitable swim instructor that fits your needs.
Q: Where can I find affordable adult swimming lessons?
A: You can find affordable swimming lessons through MYFITAPE. Using the search tool you can find the nearest classes and filter them according to your budget and experience level.
Q: What type of swimming lessons are available?
A: Different lessons and classes will have different requirements and tuition costs. Depending on the instructor and location you can choose between private or group classes and specialist swim classes for adults.
Q: What additional information does MYFITAPE provide?
A: MYFITAPE provides a wealth of information on the swim classes and instructors you are interested in. You can view instructor expertise, student reviews, class times, and descriptions. MYFITAPE also provide advice and resources to help you get the most out of your swimming lessons.
How many months does it take to learn swimming for adults?The short answer is that I’ve rarely seen adults take longer than two or three weeks-worth of swim lessons to become functional swimmers. On average, most adults will have a reasonable about of swimming proficiency after two to three months of lessons.
Are swimming lessons worth it?Learning to swim should be a priority for every family. It’s an important life skill that can play a key role in helping to prevent drowning―a top cause of death among children. Children, and their parents, need to learn how to swim to help keep time in the water safe and fun! Investing in swimming lessons can help your family gain confidence, safety and valuable skills that can last a lifetime.
Is it more difficult for adults to learn how do you swim?It takes time… In most cases, adults learner quicker than young children as they already have well-developed motor skills and can more easily interpret and follow instruction. For an adult with no fear of the water or physical limitations, it’s possible to learn how to swim within 20-25 hours of lessons.
What are the best ways to find affordable adult swimming lessons?1. Ask around. Talk to friends or family and ask if they know of any low-cost or free swimming lessons in your area.
2. Check out your local community center or YMCA; they often offer low-cost swimming lessons.
3. Research online – there are a multitude of websites that list adult swim classes offered both in person and online.
4. Contact your local public pools and ask about their swimming lesson programs.
5. Look into grants offered for swimming lessons, such as the USA Swimming Foundation. They provide scholarships and grants for those in financial need.
6. Ask about discount and special offers. Some swimming classes offer discounts for students or members.