High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is an effective way to burn fat and build endurance quickly – especially when combined with a treadmill workout. It’s not always easy to find the right program, though, so we’ve put together this guide to get you started on your HIIT treadmill journey.
Benefits of HIIT Treadmill Training
There are multiple benefits that come with an HIIT treadmill workout, many of which are related to fat burning, elevated heart rate, and improved endurance.
• Fat loss: HIIT allows you to burn more calories in a shorter period of time, resulting in overall fat loss.
• High intensity: HIIT employs high-intensity activities that can raise your heart rate and help you reach a peak cardio level that would otherwise take longer to achieve if done with more moderate intensity exercises.
• Improved endurance: HIIT also helps build endurance quickly, as you’re required to work at a higher intensity for short periods of time.
• Variety: HIIT offers a variety of activities to engage in, like sprints, jogging and walking. This allows you to switch up your routine and not get bored.
HIIT Treadmill Workouts for Beginners
Before getting into more complex HIIT treadmill workouts, here are some basic circuit exercises that are great for HIIT treadmill beginners:
• Sprint for 30 seconds.
• Go for a jog for a minute.
• Slow down to a walk for a minute.
• Repeat for 20 minutes.
• Increase the intensity every 10 minutes by 10 seconds for sprint and jog.
• End with sprinting for 30 seconds to cool down.
Do I need to be in shape already to start HIIT treadmill training?
No – HIIT is designed to help you get into shape, so anyone can benefit from it.
How long should I do HIIT on a treadmill?
It depends on your goals and starting fitness level. A general rule of thumb is to start with 15-20 minutes and gradually increase to 30-45 minutes.
How often should I do HIIT treadmill workouts?
Three to four times a week is a great place to start. Eventually, working up to five to six times a week is recommended for optimal fat loss results.
Can I combine HIIT treadmill workouts with other exercises?
Yes – HIIT treadmill training can be combined with other exercises to achieve diverse fitness goals. Just make sure to spread out HIIT days to reduce the risk of overtraining.
HIIT treadmill workouts are an excellent way to start your fat loss and fitness journey. With the right exercises and guidance, you can quickly get your body ready for HIIT and challenge yourself to build mental and physical endurance. Use the tips and advice outlined in this guide to get started on your HIIT treadmill journey.