Getting into shape can be tough, especially when it comes to losing fat. Stationary biking can be a great way to burn excess fat, sculpt muscle and get into shape quickly and effectively. Keep reading to learn more about utilizing a stationary bike for your fat loss workout needs.
- Burn Calories – Stationary biking is a great fat burning exercise that burns calories and promotes weight loss.
- Builds Muscle – A stationary bike workout is a great way to build up muscle and sculpt the body.
- Low Impact – Stationary bikes offer a low impact workout, meaning less strain on joints, ankles and knees.
- Time Efficiency – Stationary biking is an incredibly efficient way to get a full body workout in a short amount of time.
Fat-Loss Workout Plan
Warm Up – It’s important to start your workout with a warm-up. Spend 5-10 minutes warming up with a light jog, jumping jacks or jump rope.
Stationary Bike – Begin your workout on the stationary bike. For the first 10 minutes, pedal moderately at a steady pace.
Combination – Once the 10 minutes are up switch to a combination of high-intensity intervals and moderate speed. To add a little variety, switch from standing to sitting every 2 minutes.
Cool Down – After the interval session is complete, slow the pace and move into a cool-down period. This will help prepare your body for rest.
- How often should I do a stationary bike workout?
A stationary bike workout should be done 3-4 times a week for maximum benefits.
- Do I need equipment for a stationary bike workout?
For the best results it is recommended that you use a stationary bike for your workout.
- How long should each session last?
Each session should last about 30 minutes.
Stationary biking is a great way to reach your fat loss goals. With the combination of high-intensity intervals, low-impact movement and time efficiency, you can get into shape quickly and easily. We hope our guide has helped you better understand the benefits of a stationary bike workout, and how to reach your fat loss goals in a safe, effective and efficient way.