Interval treadmill workouts are one of the most effective and efficient ways to burn fat and increase cardiovascular fitness. Interval training involves alternating periods of intense exercise with shorter recovery periods of lower-intensity work. This type of workout allows you to burn more calories in less time than you would with a steady-state cardio workout. So if you’re looking to shed some excess weight, an interval treadmill workout could be the perfect option for you!
Before you begin your interval treadmill workout, it’s important to make sure you are properly warmed up. Start with a five- to 10-minute walk at a slow pace to warm up your muscles, increase your heart rate and get your body ready for the more intense work to come.
Once your warm up is complete, it’s time to get moving. Here’s how to do an interval treadmill workout:
- Choose an interval training program that works for you. This could entail alternating between bursts of high-intensity running and jogging or walking at a lower intensity.
- Set the incline on your treadmill to simulate running outdoors.
- Start your intervals at a comfortable pace and intensity and gradually increase the intensity each time.
- Keep track of your time and/or distance covered during each interval and rest for the same amount of time between each one.
- Allow for adequate rest and cool-down periods so that you don’t overwork your body.
Can I do an interval treadmill workout if I’m a beginner?
Yes, interval treadmill workouts can be a great way for beginners to start building up their fitness level. Start off slowly, and work your way up as your fitness level increases.
How often should I be doing interval treadmill workouts?
It is recommended that you do interval treadmill workouts no more than three times a week. As with any kind of workout, it is important to give your body time to rest and recover between sessions.
How long should my interval workout be?
Your interval treadmill workout should last between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on your fitness level. However, it is important to listen to your body and stop if you experience any pain or discomfort.
Interval treadmill workouts are an excellent way to burn fat and increase your cardiovascular fitness. With the right program and rest periods, you can get a great workout in just 15 to 20 minutes. So get ready to burn fat, not time, with interval treadmill workouts!