Calisthenics are an effective way to lose fat and tone up your body. It is a form of bodyweight training that uses no weights or equipment and can be done anywhere, anytime. This guide will help you to understand the benefits of calisthenics, give you an easy-to-follow workout program and answer frequently asked questions.
The Benefits of Calisthenics
- Burns fat quickly and effectively
- Increases strength, flexibility and mobility
- Often just as effective as weightlifting
- Improves coordination, balance and agility
- Can be done almost anywhere
- Does not require any equipment
The Beginner Calisthenics Workout Program
This program is designed for those who are new to calisthenics or are looking to increase strength and tone up their body. This program will work best when done 2 – 3 times per week. Make sure to rest 1 – 2 days between each session to allow your body to rest and recover.
- 75 seconds of jumping jacks (15 seconds rest)
- 70 seconds of burpees (15 seconds rest)
- 60 seconds of mountain climbers (15 seconds rest)
- 30 seconds of push up hold (15 seconds rest)
- 60 seconds of plank (15 seconds rest)
- 30 seconds of wall sit (15 seconds rest)
- 30 seconds of squats (15 seconds rest)
- 45 seconds of bicycle crunches (15 seconds rest)
- 30 seconds of alternating front and lateral lunges (15 seconds rest)
- 60 seconds of bridge with buttress (15 seconds rest)
Once you are comfortable with the program, you can add variations of exercises, increase the duration of workouts, decrease the rest/recovery times between sets, or add in an interval routine for added intensity.
Q: How long will it take to see results from calisthenics?
A: That depends on how often you practice the program and how intense your workouts are. Generally speaking, you should start to see results within a few weeks, but full results can take several months.
Q: Are there any safety tips I should keep in mind when doing calisthenics?
A: Yes. Make sure to always warm up with at least 5 minutes of light cardio and stretching before starting any exercise program. Also, be sure to listen to your body and take breaks if necessary.
Q: Are there any dietary changes I should make when doing calisthenics?
A: To maximize your results, you should focus on a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Eating a balanced diet will not only help you to lose fat and tone up, but will also improve your overall health and energy levels.