Open Water Swim Guide – Classes for 50-60
Starting to swim in open water can be a daunting experience, especially if you are over 50 or 60. With age, there are greater physical limitations to consider, therefore safety and preparation are of utmost importance to ensure you can enjoy your open water swim in comfort and confidence.
Classes for 50-60 swims:
- Beginners: These classes are designed for those who have never tried open water swimming before, andwill cover all the basics from how to remain safe, to how to complete a short distance swim.
- Intermediate: These classes build on the foundations of the beginner classes and involve further instruction for swimming for longer distances in open water.
- Happy Swimmers: These classes are designed to sustain a high level of enjoyment and motivation while open water swimming.
- What do I need for the classes? You will need a wetsuit, swimming fins, swimming goggles and swim cap.
- Do I need to be able to swim a certain distance? No, the classes are tailored for all abilities.
- Are the classes safe? Yes. The classes are managed and led by experienced, qualified professionals, and safety is always the main priority.
How MYFITAPE can help
MYFITAPE is an online platform that connects trainers and fitness professionals with prospective clients. It allows fitness professionals to create fitness sessions and provide open water swim classes tailored specifically for 50-60 year olds. This way, you can easily find the right professional to help you reach your goals and maximize the safety, vitality and enjoyment of your open water swim experience!
Will the classes be split according to age or ability?The classes will usually be split based on ability rather than age. However, depending on the program and school, age may also be taken into consideration when splitting classes.
What safety measures will be in place for the open water swim classes?In order to ensure the safety of our students, the open water swim classes will use measures that include:
1. Certified and experienced swim instructors will provide individual instruction, swim safety reminders, and enthusiastic support throughout the class.
2. Our instructors will lead students through all the essential safety protocols, such as how to recognize potential hazards and how to stay within their comfort and skill level.
3. Students will be asked to sign a liability waiver before participating in the class.
4. All participants will be required to wear approved safety flotation devices at all times.
5. Open water swim sessions will be held in close proximity to a designated beach, so that help will be close at hand in the event of any issues.
6. Weather and water conditions will be carefully monitored to ensure a safe swimming environment.
7. There will be a strict 4-to-1 student-to-instructor ratio, to ensure that each student receives personalized attention and instruction.
We are also providing our students with a comprehensive pre-swim orientation and briefing that covers water safety, risk management and open water swimming etiquette.