Is your goal to lose fat? Prowler workouts may be the perfect addition to your exercise regimen. In this guide, we’ll explain why prowler workouts are considered one of the best means of melting fat and how you can get started incorporating them into your own routine.
What is a Prowler Workout?
Prowler workouts are a type of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) that make use of a specialized exercise frame to provide resistance. Once it’s loaded with weight, the prowler is used as a tool to do a range of pushing, dragging, and even jumping exercises. Push exercises thrust the frame forward, drag exercises pull it backward, and jump exercises involve taking off and landing on different elevated platforms.
What are the Benefits of Prowler Workouts?
Prowler workouts are considered one of the most effective ways to lose fat because they:
- Engage the entire body — Most of the exercises done on the prowler hit multiple muscle groups, including core stabilizers and lower body muscles.
- Boost endurance — Prowler workouts require intense physical effort, which increase aerobic fitness.
- Forge strength gains — Prowler workouts offer both cardiovascular benefits and strength development.
- Reduce stress — Not only does exercise reduce stress, but prowlers get people out of the gym and into the great outdoors for a change of scenery.
How to Work Out with a Prowler
When you’re ready to get started, follow these four steps:
- Load the prowler with weight — The amount of weight you add will depend on your level of fitness and comfort. Start with light weights and gradually increase the amount as you progress.
- Set up the prowler — Place the prowler on a flat turf and make sure its secure.
- Incorporate a warm-up — Before getting on the prowler, make sure to loosen up with light jogging and stretching.
- Do your workouts — Once you’re warmed up, it’s time to pick your exercises and work those muscles!
Prowler Workouts for Fat Loss
If your goal is to lose fat, incorporate the following exercises into your routine:
- Push Press — Load the prowler with heavy weight and position yourself behind it. With two hands in the handles and legs slightly bent, forcefully drive the weight forward and step aside when it reaches the end of the track.
- Reverse Lunges — Place the prowler in front of you and, with a wide grip on the handles, take a big step back with one leg. Bend the front leg and straighten the back leg as you pull the prowler backward.
- High Knees — Position the prowler at one side of the track and perform high knees while gently pushing the frame forward. Keep the pressure on the entire time and focus on keeping the legs moving quickly.
- Single Leg Deadlifts — Position the prowler in front of you and load it with a lighter weight. Keeping your back straight and core engaged, take one leg a few steps back before reaching forward to grab the prowler handles. Lower yourself with the prowler and rise back up quickly to reps.
Q: What is a Prowler?
A: A prowler is a weighted frame used for strength and conditioning exercises. It’s ideal for HIIT workouts and is considered one of the most effective means of melting fat.
Q: What are the benefits of Prowler workouts?
A: Prowler workouts engage the entire body, boost endurance, forge strength gains, and reduce stress.
Q: How do I get started with Prowler workouts?
A: Before starting your Prowler workouts, make sure to load the frame with weight, set it up on a flat turf, and do a dynamic warmup. For fat loss, include push presses, reverse lunges, high knees, and single leg deadlifts into your Prowler routine.