Are you looking for an effective workout to get rid of unwanted fat and get toned? Push Pull Legs (PPL) workouts offer an effective combination of compound weight lifting exercises, conditioning, and aerobic activity. This guide will discuss the basics of Push Pull Legs workouts and how to create your own PPL program to achieve fat loss and improved fitness level.
What is Push Pull Legs?
Push Pull Legs (PPL) is a style of weight lifting designed to engage all of the major muscle groups of the body. This type of program is typically recommended for those looking to build muscle, lose fat, and improve overall fitness. The push-pull-legs concept is simple; workouts are structured around push exercises (chest, shoulders, triceps), pull exercises (back, biceps, traps), and leg exercises (quads, calves, hamstrings).
Benefits of Push Pull Legs
This type of workout offers a variety of benefits for individuals interested in fat loss. Here are a few of the most noteworthy benefits:
- Full-body mobilization – a PPL program can help keep your body in optimal balance and condition by targeting all of the major muscles in a single session
- Hormone balance and regulation – PPL workouts are largely compound moves, meaning that you work multiple muscle groups at once which leads to increased hormone production and higher metabolism, resulting in fat loss.
- Time-efficient – PPL workouts can save you time in the gym by allowing you to create a single workout that covers all of the major muscle groups.
Creating a Push Pull Legs Workout
Before starting a PPL program, it’s important to be aware of your current level of conditioning and any restrictions you may have due to an existing injury. To create an effective PPL workout, try the following steps:
- Pick your exercises – choose from traditional bodyweight exercises such as pushups, pull-ups, and squats, or utilize machines and free weights.
- Arrange exercises into a PPL format – group your exercises into sets for each muscle group in the PPL format.
- Structure your sets and reps – determine the number of sets and reps that best suits your goals.
- Include cardio – add cardio activities to your program to build endurance and maximize fat loss.
Q: What are the benefits of Push Pull Legs (PPL) workouts?
A: Push Pull Legs workouts offer a variety of benefits including full-body mobilization, hormone balance and regulation, and time-efficiency.
Q: Is PPL a good workout for fat loss?
A: PPL workouts are an effective way to achieve fat loss as they engage large muscle groups and stimulate hormone production which leads to higher metabolism and fat burning.
Q: How do I create a push pull legs workout?
A: To create a PPL workout, pick your exercises, arrange them into a PPL format, structure your sets and reps, and include cardio activities to maximize fat loss.