Stomach fat is one of the most stubborn areas of the body where it is notoriously difficult to target due to its persistent nature. This “quick-guide” aims to provide readers with an easy set of exercises and advice to help them target and reduce their stomach fat.
How to Shed Stomach Fat
General Workout Tips
- Get enough sleep – Without adequate rest, your body will not be able to recover properly from workouts and your metabolism will slow down.
- Introduce cardiovascular fitness into your workouts – This can help to increase your caloric expenditure and aid in fat loss when combined with muscle building.
- Consume a healthy diet – A diet rich in protein, vegetables, and healthy fats can help to support muscle growth and regulate hormones for better fat burning.
- Crunches -Lay flat on the floor with your knees bent. Place your hands behind your head then lift your upper body while breathing out. Keep your core engaged and hold the pose for a few seconds.
- Planks – Assume a push-up type position, holding your body in a straight line and engage your core. Try to hold this position for 30-60 seconds and gradually increase your time.
- Side Crunches – Lie on one side with your feet together and your feet slightly apart. Raise your body so your shoulder, hip and legs are off the ground and crunch your core.
- Mountain Climbers – Begin in the push-up position and then you bring one knee towards your chest and then alternate with the other knee. This exercise can be done for 30-60 seconds.
Q: How much time should I dedicate to workouts?
A: Aim for at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular activity per day and 20-30 minutes of targeted resistance training every 1-2 days.
Q: Which diet is best for fat loss?
A: Look for a diet that consists of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Avoid processed foods and sugary drinks, as these can contribute to weight gain.
Q: How often should I rest during workouts?
A: Between sets aim for 1-2 minutes of rest. Too much rest can cause your heart rate to drop and your muscles will stop working. Keep the intensity up between sets to maximize your workout.