Swimming Classes in Dubai: All You Need to Know
Are you interested in learning how to swim in Dubai? Whether you’re a complete beginner or looking to expand upon existing skills, there’s plenty of opportunities to get involved.
What facilities and resources are available?
Dubai has a great selection of swimming pools, events and classes for swimmers of all ages and levels.
– Burj Al Arab Hotel
– Emirates Golf Club
– Dubai Creek Park
– Aquaventure Waterpark
– Dubai Sports World
If you’re looking to join organized classes you can find a variety of self-defense, fitness and fun activities such as –
- Baby swimming
- Adults and Juniors swimming
- Open Water swimming
- Advanced Swimming
Swimmers can take part in events such as –
- Dubai Swim Fest
- Ride Safe race
- Swim Around Mina Port
- One Lap for the Cup
What documents do I need to join a swimming class in Dubai?
You will need your passport, Emirates ID and a proof of address.
Were can I find swimming classes in Dubai?
Through our live booking platform, you can find a selection of swimming teachers and classes near you within minutes.
How can Myfitape help me find swimming classes in Dubai?
At Myfitape, you can search and book the best swimming classes in Dubai with the click of a button. Our diverse selection of swimming activities and classes include private and group sessions, aquatic fitness classes and even event bookings such as swimming competitions.
Swimming is one of the most popular sports in Dubai, with both adults and children of all levels looking to stay fit and active. With Myfitape, you can find and book the perfect swimming class to suit your individual needs, from beginners’ swim classes to specialized group and private lessons.
What equipment is needed for swimming classes in Dubai?In order to have a successful swimming class in Dubai, the following equipment is necessary:
• Swimming pool (preferably a heated pool)
• Kick boards
• Pool noodles
• Training aids (such as a parachute)
• Pool buoys
• Mesh bags
• Pool thermometer
• Pool toys
• Swim caps
• First aid kit
Are there private swimming classes in Dubai?Yes, there are private swimming classes available in Dubai. There are many private swimming academies in Dubai that offer private lessons for all age groups.
Are there discounts available for swimming classes for large groups?Yes, many swimming classes offer discounts for large groups. Contact the swimming facility directly to inquire about their group discount policies.
Are there any age restrictions for swimming classes in Dubai?Swimming classes in Dubai are available for children of all ages. There are no age restrictions for swimming classes in Dubai. However, class sizes may vary according to the age and skill level of the participants.
What types of swimming classes are available in Dubai?In Dubai, there are a wide range of different swimming classes available including:
– Beginner swimming classes
– Swimming technique classes
– Intermediary swimming classes
– Advanced swimming classes
– Life guard classes
– Water aerobics
– Aqua fitness
– Baby and Toddler swimming
– Special Needs Swimming Programs
– Masters Swimming (adults only)
– Team swimming
– Open water swimming classes
– Triathlon training classes
How much do swimming classes in Dubai cost?Swimming classes in Dubai vary in cost depending on the type and length of classes. Generally, costs range from 150 to 600 AED ($40 – $160 USD) per month, depending on the individual or facility. Depending on the number of classes, semi-private classes may be available at a lower cost.
What are the different levels of swimming classes in Dubai?The Dubai Sports Council offers a number of swimming lessons for people of all ages and abilities. These classes range from basic swimming classes for beginners, to advanced classes for those wanting to develop their skills more.
1. Starter Swimming Classes: These classes are suitable for children aged 3-5 who have never swum before and have little to no experience in the water. The focus of these classes is on basic swimming skills such as floating and puffing.
2. Junior Swimming Classes: This level of classes is suitable for children aged 6-10. The focus of these classes is on improving basic swimming skills such as arm strokes, breathing and floating.
3. Intermediate Swimming Classes: This level of classes is suitable for children aged 11 to 13. Classes focus on refining the swimming skills learned in junior classes, as well as introducing more advanced skills such as dive starts and readying swimmers for competing.
4. Senior Swimming Classes: These classes are suitable for anyone over the age of 14. They focus on refining and perfecting techniques, preparing swimmers for competing and training for races.
5. Open-Water Swimming Classes: These classes are for anyone wanting to learn open-water swimming techniques, such as sighting and navigation.
6. Rescue Swimming Classes: These classes are designed to teach students how to safely rescue a distressed swimmer or aid in a rescue in open-water.