Swimming can be a lot of fun and a great way to stay fit and healthy. If you are thinking about taking swimming classes in Sharjah, here’s all you need to know.
Types of Classes Available
There are a wide range of swimming classes available in Sharjah, depending on your age and swimming ability.
- Beginner Classes: These classes are designed to teach basic swimming skills, such as floating, gliding, and kicking. The focus of beginner classes is on developing water confidence.
- Intermediate Classes: These classes are designed to help you build on the basic skills you learned in the beginner classes with the addition of specific swimming strokes, such as breaststroke, butterfly and backstroke.
- Advanced Classes: These classes are designed for more experienced swimmers and focus on perfecting technique and improving speed, strength, and endurance.
Benefits of Swimming Classes in Sharjah
Taking swimming classes in Sharjah can offer numerous benefits, such as:
- Improved Health & Fitness: Swimming is a great way to stay fit, as it is low-impact yet provides an intense workout for your whole body. Additionally, swimming classes can help improve your posture, balance and endurance.
- Mental & Emotional Benefits: Swimming is known to help reduce stress, as well as improve your mental wellbeing. Taking swimming classes can provide a positive and uplifting environment that can help you develop both mentally and emotionally.
- Safety: Swimming is a skill that can save your life, so it is important to learn how to swim safely. Taking swimming classes can help you understand how to be safe in and around water and teach you the necessary life-saving skills.
How much do swimming classes cost in Sharjah?
The cost of swimming classes in Sharjah will depend on the type of class, the length, and the instructor. Generally, the cost for a 45-minute class can range between AED 100 and AED 200.
Do I need to own a swimming pool?
No, you do not need your own swimming pool to take swimming classes. Public pools in Sharjah offer a range of options, from swimming classes to private lessons.
How can MYFITAPE help me find swimming classes in Sharjah?
MYFITAPE is a comprehensive online fitness and wellness platform that can help you find the right swimming classes in Sharjah. With MYFITAPE, you can access detailed information about each provider and make bookings directly through the app. This makes it easier for you to find the best swimming classes for you or your family.
Swimming Classes in Sharjah: A Guide
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced swimmer, taking swimming classes in Sharjah can help you stay fit and healthy and learn life-saving skills. MYFITAPE can help you find the right classes in Sharjah to match your age, ability and preferences. With MYFITAPE, you can easily make bookings, check out detailed information and reviews, and stay on top of new developments in the swimming community in Sharjah.
Are there any age requirements for swimming classes in Sharjah?No, there are no age requirements for swimming classes in Sharjah. However, all swimmers should be supervised by a responsible adult during swimming sessions.
Where can I find swimming classes in Sharjah?▶
There are several swimming classes offered in Sharjah, including at Al Majaz Waterfront, Sharjah Aquatic Centre, and Sharjah Ladies Club. You can also check online for private swimming classes offered by individual instructors.
What is the cost for swimming classes in Sharjah?The cost of swimming classes in Sharjah varies greatly depending on the type of class, the instructor, and the other services offered. Some swimming schools charge around AED 100-200 per month for private lessons and AED 30-50 per hour for group lessons. Additional fees such as registration, locker rental and pool access may be required.
What safety precautions are taken during swimming classes in Sharjah?Safety is always a priority in any swimming class, and Sharjah is no exception. Swimming instructors in Sharjah ensure that all students adhere to thorough safety protocols, including:
1. All swimmers must wear a proper fitting swim suit and goggles (swimming caps are optional).
2. All swimmers must listen to and follow the instructions given by the instructors to ensure safety.
3. An adult must accompany a child under the age of 14 and be present for the duration of the swimming class.
4. Whenever instructors are not present in the immediate area, swimmers must not jump in the pool or engage in any hazardous play-activities in the pool.
5. All swimmers must be aware of the pool’s safety rules, including not swimming beyond designated distances or diving in shallow waters.
6. All swimmers should use the equipment provided solely for their own safety.
7. Instructors regularly check the water’s temperature as well as the pool’s pH levels.
8. Swimmers must shower before and after swimming.
9. Only one swimmer can occupy a pool lane at a time.
10. All swimmers must practice social distancing and follow hygiene protocols, such as wearing a face mask properly.