Singapore is home to a variety of high-quality swimming classes that are suitable for all ages. If you are looking to take up swimming, there are plenty of great classes and programs that are designed to help you reach your goals.
Types of Swimming Classes
Swimming classes in Singapore can range from beginner courses to advanced courses, and even open water swimming classes. Here is a list of the different types of classes available:
- Beginner classes: Learning the basics and building a solid foundation of the necessary skills and techniques.
- Intermediate classes: Perfecting fitness and technique, while expanding their knowledge in open waters.
- Advanced classes: Focusing on technique and performance training, preparing to compete.
- Open water classes: Swimming in oceans, lakes, rivers and other open water bodies, to practice sea survival techniques and entertainment.
Cost of Swimming Classes
The cost of swimming classes in Singapore can range from S$50 to S$450, depending on the type of class and whether it is a private class or group class.
How MYFITAPE can Help
MYFITAPE is a personal booking platform for swimming and fitness classes in Singapore. You can use MYFITAPE to easily search and book your perfect class, at the best possible rate. The website also provides a platform for individuals to start their own swimming or fitness business.
- Are swimming classes suitable for adults?
Yes, there are classes suitable for adults at all levels. Whether you are a beginner or a veteran swimmer, there will be a suitable class for you.
- Are the classes conducted in a safe environment?
Yes, all courses are conducted in a safe environment, with qualified and experienced instructors.
- How do I know what class is best for me?
You can use the search tools on MYFITAPE to narrow down your search. You can also contact the providers for more information about the different classes.
Are facilities such as changing rooms offered at the classes?Yes, changing rooms are typically offered at the classes. Depending on the facility, additional amenities such as showers, lockers, and/or saunas may also be available.
Where in Singapore are the swimming classes held?Swimming classes are held at public pools, schools, and sometimes private swimming clubs throughout Singapore.
What are the fees associated with each swimming class?The fees for each swimming class vary depending on the type of class, the length of the class, and the instructor. However, most swimming class fees range from $10-$30 per hour. Additionally, there is usually an additional one-time registration fee that is usually around $10.
What are some of the best swimming classes in Singapore?There are several excellent swimming classes available in Singapore. Some of the most popular include the Swimming Brilliance school located in Novena and their individualized lessons designed to help children, teens, and adults of all ages and levels learn how to swim. Another great option is AquaEdge Academy, which offers swimming classes for children of all skill levels and caters to children from as young as 3-years-old. Additionally, SwimSafer Academy based in Bukit Timah also offers swimming classes for all ages and skill levels. Finally, Little Fishes Swimming School provides group swimming lessons for toddlers and infants up to pre-schoolers, as well as private classes upon request.
Are swimming classes for adults or children?Swimming classes can be for people of any age, both for adults and for children.
Where can I find the best swimming classes in Singapore?The best place to find swimming classes in Singapore is through private swimming schools which generally offer a variety of classes to accommodate different ages and skill levels. Some of the better-known schools in Singapore include SwimSafer, Swimmerse, AquaticLife Swim School, and Aqua Sports. Additionally, it is also possible to find private swimming instructors that offer classes through online platforms.
Where are the best swimming pools in Singapore to learn swimming?There are quite a few great places to learn swimming in Singapore:
1. Singapore Sports School Swimming Pool: Located in the east of the country, this pool has 50-metre, 25-metre and 12.5-metre pools for swimmers of all levels.
2. Toa Payoh Swimming Complex: This complex boasts an Olympic-size pool, as well as a medium-sized one for beginners.
3. Marina Bay Swimming Complex: This facility boasts a 50-metre pool and multiple diving boards, making it a great spot for learning all the strokes and dives.
4. Jurong West Swimming Complex: This complex includes a range of pool sizes, from 8-metre learners’ pools to larger Olympic-size ones.
5. CitySwim: This facility has multiple branches in Singapore, and all centers boast a range of specialised training programmes and classes.