What Are the Benefits of Children Swimming?
Swimming has a plethora of health benefits for children. Here are some examples:
- Enhanced physical strength, balance and coordination
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Increased life expectancy
- Reduced risk of obesity
- Reduced risk of injury due to falls and other outdoor activities
Where Can Kids Go Swimming in Sharjah?
Fortunately, there are plenty of swimming activities for kids in Sharjah. There are private swimming pools, beach areas, and additionally swimming classes available for children as young as 3 years old.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can kids swim in public pools in Sharjah?
Yes, but many public swimming pools in Sharjah require an adult guardian or swim instructor present at all times when kids participate in swimming activities. It’s important to check with the facility where you plan to swim in advance.
How can I find swimming activities for my child in Sharjah?
Using a service like MYFITAPE is a great way to find swimming activities near you in Sharjah. MYFITAPE is a platform that connects you to a variety of sports and wellness services. All you need to do is type in the activity you’re looking for and your location, and the platform will match you with options near you.
Swimming is a great activity for kids that can offer physical and mental benefits. There are plenty of opportunities for kids to swim in Sharjah, so finding a safe and fun activity should not be a challenge. Using MYFITAPE to find the perfect activity for your child can save you time and make finding the right activity a breeze.
What is the cost of swimming for kids in Sharjah?The cost of swimming for kids in Sharjah varies depending on the type of facility. Generally speaking, fees for swimming in public pools range from AED 15-100 per lesson. There may also be an additional fee of AED 10-15 for swimming accessories. Private clubs charge significantly higher fees ranging from AED 300-500 per month for children.
Are swimming lessons offered for children in Sharjah?Yes, swimming lessons are offered for children in Sharjah. Various sports clubs and private institutions in the city offer swimming lessons and training to children of all ages, from basic lessons to competitive swim programs.
Are there any safety guidelines for swimming for kids in Sharjah?Yes, there are safety guidelines for swimming for kids in Sharjah. It is important to be aware of these guidelines before allowing children to swim.
• Supervision is always necessary and children should always be accompanied by an adult.
• Children should be taught basic swimming safety rules, such as not swimming alone, not diving into shallow water and always staying in their depth range.
• Teach them basic water safety rules for boating, such as never swimming near a boat, wearing a life jacket if necessary and listening to their supervisor.
• Make sure all children have taken the necessary swimming lessons and the appropriate skill level.
• Always have children wear appropriate flotation devices when near water, even if they are strong swimmers. These should be Coast Guard approved.
• Educate children on the dangers of rip currents, and make sure they know to never enter the water where there is a red flag.
• Teach them not to run, jump or dive off of any structure ( including rocks ) when swimming.
• Swimming goggles or nose clips are also recommended.
• Be aware of any hidden or underwater obstacles that could potentially cause injuries when swimming.
Are there any age restrictions for swimming for kids in Sharjah?No, there are no age restrictions for swimming for kids in Sharjah. Children of all ages are allowed to swim in public pools and beaches, provided they are supervised at all times by an adult.
What are the best swimming facilities for kids in Sharjah?The best swimming facilities for kids in Sharjah are the Hamriyah Free Zone Authority swimming pools, Al Badayer Swimming Pool and Dubai Police Academy Swimming Pool. All three provide great facilities for kids to learn and develop their swimming skills. Additionally, many hotels and resorts in Sharjah also offer swimming pool facilities for kids.
What age should a child be when they start swimming lessons in Sharjah?It is recommended that children begin swimming lessons in Sharjah at around 3 years old. At this age, the child is able to understand basic instructions and has developed enough body coordination to get the most out of swimming lessons. It is also advisable that a certified swimming instructor delivers the lessons in order to ensure that correct swimming techniques are taught.
What qualifications should a swim instructor have in Sharjah?In Sharjah, all swim instructors must have the following qualifications in order to teach swimming:
• Valid first aid and basic life support certificates
• Valid CPR certification
• ASA Level 2 Teachers and Coaches Certificate
• ASA Technical Teaching Certificate
• Minimum of two yrs. teaching experience
• Knowledge and experience with other aquatic activities
• Knowledge and experience of water safety & health and safety
• Good customer skills & friendly disposition
• Ability to motivate & inspire children & adults to progress
• Flexible and reliable.