Do you want to keep your muscles and lose fat? Or are you wondering about losing weight? Typically, you can lose weight by changing your diet plan. But if you want to lose weight and keep the muscles along the way, you should do body composition exercises. Fret not! These exercises are not as hard-hitting as they sound.
What you eat and how you exercise impact your body composition. In general, your body comprises lean mass, including muscles, organs, and fat mass. You might be wondering why body composition exercises are crucial to getting a shrill body. Running and strengthening exercises provide different benefits and impact your body composition differently.
If you are looking to shape your body, combine these body composition exercises with a diet full of lean protein.
Let’s start with the basics before jumping to an exercise routine!
What Is Body Composition?
In simple, it is your body’s ratio of fat to lean mass, including muscles, bones, and organs. Body composition defines what percent of your body is made up of fat.
A fit woman’s body fat generally falls between 21% and 24%. A fit man’s body fat generally falls between 14% and 17%.
It is crucial to understand that improving your body composition should not just be about fat loss and achieving a healthy weight. Body composition is decreasing body fat percentage and increasing your lean muscle mass.
“As athletes, body composition is important, but so is athleticism. While weight lifting helps to build the desired “X” frame, implementing cardio helps to keep body fat in check all while improving your stamina and endurance, which can result in better lifts.” – Jake Dickson, B.S. in Exercise Science
How to Integrate Into Your Real Life of Body Composition?
You might be speculating about the examples of body composition exercises or body composition workouts. Here are some factors to integrate into your life to get an ideal physique.
Take care of your Diet:
Aside from activities of body composition, take nutrient-dense foods. You can minimize the intake of sugar while performing exercise for body composition. Try to get enough protein and plenty of good fats.
Listen to your Body:
Feel crummy after eating something? Make a mental note and adjust accordingly. Eat to feel good. Your “gut” feeling will not lead you astray.
Get your Mind Right:
If you are performing activities for body composition, stay firm in your self-belief. Get ready to kick start the metabolism that burns calories. Challenge yourself and execute all examples of body composition exercises.
To achieve a lean body or execute perfect fitness body composition exercises, you can hire a personal trainer in Dubai. Numerous Fitness Trainers are working in the UAE to help people accomplish their fitness goals.
Top 10 Body Composition Exercises
If you are wondering about the best body fat composition exercises, you are at the right place. You can practice several body composition exercises without equipment. The primary goal of all these exercises is to keep your heart rate high by avoiding high-intensity interval programs – HIIT.
Here is what you can incorporate into your routine to effectively achieve your body composition goals:
At the top of all types of body composition exercises, there are Burpees. There is no need for equipment to perform this exercise. The only yoga mat is essential.
Burpees are powerhouse moves and mega-calorie burners that target your core, shoulders, and thighs.
- You will start in the plank position with toes and palms on the ground, holding your body up horizontally.
- Take your knees to your chest by pushing them and then planting your feet on either side of your hands.
- Jump up through your heels with all your body weight
- Comprise a rhythmic and cyclic movement by repeating this exercise
- Each day performs 3-sets of 10 repetitions.
There is no need for equipment to practice this body composition workout. Its a popular and traditional training in the fitness realm for many years. It is one of the best workouts to strengthen your shoulders and core. To practice push-ups:
- Lie flat on your stomach
- Hold your body up with your hands and toes to push yourself off the ground
- Allow your chest to touch the floor
- Now put your body in a plank position
- You have to put your body back in a flat to engage all body muscles with your clenched glutes
- Perform 5-sets of 15 repetitions
Though you can perform several activities to improve body composition, push-ups are the best.
To improve your lower body, upper body, and core muscles, you can perform squats. It is one of the best exercises for body composition you will ever do.
Here are a few types of different squats that you can use to improve your body composition:
- Bodyweight squats
- Goblet squats
- Box squats
- Overhead squats
- Front squats
- Barbell back squats
You might have heard from fitness enthusiasts that planks are the best example of body composition exercise. Planks are a great way to strengthen your entire body and drastically change your body composition.
Lift your body by holding your elbows, hands, and feet on the ground. Stop when your hips start to sag, or you struggle to control the shake in your muscles.
You can perform this interval training on a treadmill or without it. It is a crucial workout for attaining ideal body composition as it elevates your heart rate and calorie burning for a long time.
- At first, start practicing at 3-mph on a treadmill
- After some time you can enhance the speed of the treadmill
- Be sure to retain this speed for approximately 30 seconds
- You can alternate the interval segments for 30 seconds
Though squats are the king of all body composition exercises, deadlifts come closer. Deadlifts require less flexibility than squats. More significantly, it involves your upper body muscle groups.
Similar to squats, there are the following types of deadlifts you can perform:
- Conventional deadlifts
- Sumo deadlifts
- Rack pulls
- Deficit deadlifts
- Romanian deadlifts
- Dumbbell deadlifts
- Trap bar deadlifts
- Single-leg deadlifts
- Kettlebell deadlifts
- Banded deadlifts
Are you still pondering about what is the example of a body composition exercise? Keep reading!
Kettlebell swings work many of the same muscles as deadlifts and involve a powerful hip-hinge/extension movement.
- Hold your kettlebell in both hands in front of your hips
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees slightly
- Lean forward from your hips, push your butt backward, and lower the weight down between your knees
- Drive your hips forward and swing the weight out and up to shoulder height
- Lower the weight and repeat
No kettlebell? No problem! You can swing a dumbbell instead.
Do thruster to challenge all muscles of your body!
If you have complete command of performing squats, this will be a perfect body composition exercise for you. You can use a barbell, dumbbell, or medicine ball to perform thrusters.
To perform this body composition physical activity:
- Hold your weight in front of your shoulders & stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Brace your abs
- Bend your legs & squat down
- Don’t round your lower back
- Stand back up and then press your weight overhead.
- Lower your weight back to your shoulders and repeat.
Similar to other types of body composition exercises, the long jump involves no equipment. Your hamstrings and glutes will be in the best shape of your life if you regularly integrate this move.
- Stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Take a large step forward with your right leg and drop your bottom down so that your back leg kisses the ground
- Push your weight down through your front heel to stand back upright
- Repeat the same motion with your left leg
- Resist the urge to drop your torso. Keep your abdomen upright and your abs engaged
- Perform 5-sets of 30 lunges
Your last and final exercise among all exercises for body composition involves your chest, shoulders, arms, and core.
It needs a heavy punching bag to perform this enjoyable and effective workout. Moreover, to do this exercise, whale on your punching bag for 2-3 minutes and rest for 60 seconds.
Do 3-6 “rounds” for a short, sharp workout.
Wrapping It Up
You can burn your fats and build your muscles by performing alternative body composition exercises each day. However, you can choose push-ups, deadlifts, squats for Monday, and other exercises on other days.
In general, there is no need to perform these exercises under the guidance of a Personal Trainer. However, you can go to a gym to effectively achieve your goals by working with an expert.
Monitor your energy balance & perform body composition exercises to get a lean body!