Hey Fitness Enthusiast! Are you looking for ways to get six-packs? Getting six-packs is not as complicated as it seems. You need to focus on abs workouts, a nutrient-rich diet and shed fewer calories. If you want to shred your core and look for abs exercises for men, you are in the right place.
Abs are the most masculine muscles in men’s bodies. Thanks to some trainers and fitness experts that have enlisted top 5 abs exercises for men.
Keep reading to learn about these best abs workouts!
Top 5 Abs Exercises for Men
Before diving into the effective abs workouts, you must remember a few points. First, if you have extra pounds around your waist, you will need to put in extra work to see your abs. You can apply the spot reduction phenomenon to lose your body fat.
Let us discuss the top 5 abs exercises for men:
Have you ever used ab rollout? One of the most effective abs workouts is ab rollout. Though it is the basic equipment, it offers strength to develop ab muscles. Moreover, it stabilizes your spine and builds abdominal muscles.
Before discussing the benefits of using an exercise wheel, it is crucial to understand the techniques for maximizing your time on the wheel and minimizing injuries.
To get maximum results, you can use ab rollout in the following way:
- Place the ab roller on the floor and hold it with both hands
- Knee down on the floor
- Now slowly roll the ab roller forward and stretch your body
- Go forward until your body touches the ground
- After a pause at the stretched position, engage your core and breathe out as you start pulling yourself back to your starting position
- Squeeze your core here to avoid any stress on your lower back.
Benefits of Ab Rollout
Here are some top benefits of the ab rollout workout:
- Build core strength
- Improve balance and stability
- Focus large group of muscles
- Full-body cardio workout
- Strengthen joints and ligaments
- Increase blood flow
- Burns belly fat
Would you want to try a fancier ab workout on your journey? All you need is a chest press bench or a stationary bench to perform this exercise. You might be thinking about why oblique crunches have become an ideal workout.
Here is how to practice oblique crunches:
- Lay down with your right side on the bench
- Bring your leg forward and hook your heel underneath the bench
- Now stretch your torso down to 30 degrees lowers on the bench
- Cup your head with your left hand
- Stabilizing with your legs, crunch your left elbow up sideways, bringing it into your left hip as high as you can. Lower yourself back down slowly to your starting position just below the bench. Repeat for 15 repetitions then switches onto your left side.
Benefits of Oblique Crunch
Here are some primary benefits of abs exercises for men:
- Strengthen three muscles group at once
- Protect your spine
- Strengthen your core
- Improve balance
- Reduce stress on your back
- Reduce the risk of back injury
Prepare yourself for another effective exercise – dumbbell side bend. You might be looking for an oblique exercise to add to your workout plan. Dumbbell side bend is one of the perfect abs exercises for men that target abdominal muscles.
Here is how to practice dumbbell side bend:
- Stand upright at a hip-width apart
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand
- Activate your core muscles, keep your back straight
- Now bend toward one side as far as possible
- Return to the starting position
- Perform 12-20 reps for one set
Benefits of Dumbell Side Bend
Here are some vital advantages of dumbbell side bend:
- Increase lateral strength
- Boosts your core strength
- Amplify spinal mobility
- Versatile and defines your waist
Use reasonable weights to focus on your abs during exercise for maximum results.
One of the most fundamental abs exercises for men is barbell squats. The primary benefit of the barbell back squat is that it focuses on the lower body muscles. If you want to stabilize your upper body, practice the barbell back squats.
Here is how to practice barbell back squats:
- Stand upright at shoulder-width apart
- Pick a barbell and center it across your shoulders
- Send your glutes back like you are lowering into a chair
- Bending at the knees as deeply as possible
- Press through your heels to return to the starting position for one rep
- Do 12 reps for one set
Benefits of Barbell Squats
Here are some benefits that insist you consider this barbell squat exercise:
- Build lower body and midline strength
- Reduce the risk of injury
- Improve sprint performance
- Boosts coordination and flexibility
- Improve general sports performance
You might be wondering about targeting your transverse abdominis, rectus abdominis, obliques, quads, hip flexors, inner thighs, and erector spine. It is an intermediate and advanced level abs exercise for men that targets your core muscles.
If you are a beginner, you can modify this move by changing your arm or leg position. Intermediate to advanced levels can add the hollow body hold to an abdominal and core circuit or use it as part of a dynamic warm-up.
Here is how you can do the hollow extension abs exercises for men:
- Attain a cannonball-type shape position on your back
- Bring your knees towards your chest and hold them with your hands
- Hold for 5 seconds
- Now extend your legs and arms outward
- Complete 5 reps for one set
Benefits of Hollow Extension to Cannonball
Here are a few top benefits of abs exercises for men:
- Target transverse abdominis
- Help build strength and stabilization
- Improve your posture
- Prevent lower back pain
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, these 5 abs exercises for men are something you have not tried before. Push and challenge yourself with these new movements but remember to always engage that core.