Dubai is quickly becoming the kickboxing mecca of the Middle East, with a growing number of kickboxing clubs and fitness centers that offer kickboxing classes and training. If you are planning a trip to Dubai and want to get in on some kickboxing action, you will need to know some basic moves. Here are the top 5 kickboxing moves you need to know in Dubai.
The jab is one of the most important moves that you need to master in kickboxing. It is a straight punch used to create openings and set up other strikes. The jab should be quick, hard and straight, with the arm fully extended and the punch landing at the end of the reach.
The cross is a powerful punch that is the opposite of the jab. The cross is thrown by the rear hand and is a powerful punch that is used to land strikes on your opponent. This punch should have power behind it and should be thrown with the shoulder and hip.
The hook is a curved punch that is used to land strikes on the sides of an opponent. This punch is used to get around the guard of the opponent and can be used as an effective counter-punch. The hook should be thrown with the elbow tucked in and the punch should land with the knuckles pointed up.
4. Knee Strike
The knee strike is a powerful strike that is used to land strikes on the body or head of an opponent. The knee strike should be thrown with the full power of the body and should be aimed at the midsection or the head of the opponent.
5. Round Kick
The round kick is a kick that is used to land strikes on the legs or body of an opponent. This kick should be thrown with the full power of the hips and should be aimed at the midsection or the legs of the opponent.
- Always warm up properly: Warming up is an important part of any kickboxing workout and it is important to always warm up properly before engaging in any kickboxing workout.
- Practice proper technique: Always practice the proper technique for each kickboxing move to ensure that the move is performed correctly and safely.
- Use protective gear: It is always important to use the proper protective gear when participating in kickboxing to ensure safety and prevent injury.
These are the top 5 kickboxing moves you need to know in Dubai. Learning these moves and practicing them regularly will help you become an effective kickboxer and will help you enjoy kickboxing in Dubai.
What are the 3 different types of kicks used in kickboxing?The 3 Different Types of Kickboxing Kicks. The three common kicks used in kickboxing are the lead kick, the rear kick, and the hook kick. Combine them with punch combos for a full body workout at home! 1) Lead kick – This is executed with the dominant leg and makes up the bulk of most kickboxing routines. Lead kicks can be used for defense and offense and can be directed at the head and body.
2) Rear kick – This kick relies on the non-dominant leg and may be executed with the heel, foot, and/or toes. It can be used from medium to close distances and aimed at both high and low targets.
3) Hook kick – This kick can be executed with either the dominant or non-dominant leg, depending on the situation. It is set up as a surprise attack and should be directed at the opponent’s head or body.
What are the 4 basic kicks for kickboxing?Common kicks are Foot Jabs, Side Kicks, Hook Kicks and Heel Hook Kicks. A Foot Jab is a kick with the ball of the foot and is used to keep opponents at a distance. The Side Kick is a powerful kick and is used to strike the side of an opponent. The Hook Kick is a spinning kick used to strike the side of an opponent. The Heel Hook Kick is a kick that uses the heel of the foot to attack an opponent’s head.
What are the main moves in kickboxing?The basic kicking techniques in kickboxing include the roundhouse body kick, high kick, and leg/low kick. More advanced kicking techniques include the spinning back kick, axe kick, jump kick, flying kick and cartwheel kick. Most kicks are used offensively. Punches, meanwhile, form the basis of offensive and defensive tactics. The main punching techniques used in kickboxing are the jab, cross, hook and uppercut.
What are the top 5 kickboxing moves recommended for use in Dubai?1. Jab and Cross Combo: This is an effective combination of punches to the head and body of the opponent.
2. Roundhouse Kick: This is a powerful roundhouse kick to the midsection or head of the opponent.
3. Knee Strike: This is a powerful strike delivered with a sharp knee to the body of the opponent.
4. Elbow Strike: This is a powerful elbow strike that can be used to target the body or head of the opponent.
5. Jump Kick: This is a jumping kick delivered with a powerful downward thrust to the body or head of the opponent. MYFITAPE offers the largest pool of Kickboxing coaches and trainers in UAE including Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi and Ajman. View the marketplace to explore options.