If you are looking to tone up, lose fat and increase your strength, then a total body fat-loss workout is right for you. This comprehensive fitness plan includes exercises that target the whole body and can be tailored to your individual needs. Read on to find out more about designing your own total body fat-loss workout and to answer some frequently asked questions.
Designing Your Total Body Fat-Loss Workout
A total-body fat-loss workout should include exercises for the major muscle groups and this should be done within the same session. This type of strength-training routine will burn calories and help you to tone up.
- Choose two to three compound exercises for each muscle group.
- Perform two to three sets at a high intensity.
- Focus on compound exercises to work multiple muscle groups at the same time.
- Aim for about 15 reps per set.
- Take rest days in order to give your muscles time to recover.
- Take a look at your overall caloric consumption (if you’re looking to lose weight) to ensure that you’re on track with your overall fat-loss goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often should I do this type of workout?
That depends on your fitness goals and your current fitness level. We recommend starting with two or three sessions a week. As you progress, you can increase the intensity of your workouts and the frequency.
- Are there any particular exercises I should focus on?
Compound exercises are the best for toning up and burning fat. These exercises involve multiple muscle groups, so they will burn more calories and increase your strength. Some examples are squats, deadlifts, rows and chest presses.
- How long should each session last?
Ideally, you should aim for 45 minutes to an hour per session. This will give you enough time to go through the exercises and hit your target reps.
- What diet should I follow?
It’s important to maintain a healthy, balanced diet in order to achieve your fat-loss goals. Make sure you’re getting all your essential vitamins and minerals and focus on eating plenty of wholesome food, such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and complex carbohydrates.
A total body fat-loss workout is a great way to get fit, tone up and burn fat. With the right exercises and nutrition plan, you can reach your goals in no time!