Kickboxing is becoming more and more popular in Dubai as a way to stay in shape and learn self-defense. If you are just starting, you may want to know what accessories you will need. Here is a list of the five essentials you should have before you start your journey into the world of kickboxing.
1. Boxing Gloves
High-quality gloves are the most important piece of equipment for kickboxers. Look for a handcrafted, quality leather glove with extra padding.
2. Hand Wraps
Your hands are particularly vulnerable, so having a quality pair of hand wraps is an absolute must. Quality hand wraps will help protect your hands from injury and allow you to move freely when practicing your techniques.
3. Shin Guards
If you are looking to guard your shins against hard kicks, then a good pair of shin guards is essential. Look for guards that fit securely and offer you full protection when sparring.
A mouthguard is a must when kickboxing. It protects your teeth and mouth from any trauma caused by being hit. Make sure to choose one that is comfortable, fits properly and has enough air holes to make breathing easier.
5. Boxing Shoes
You need to purchase a pair of quality kickboxing shoes for your training. These shoes should provide you with good grip and support, as well as have enough cushioning to keep your feet comfortable.
In conclusion, the five essential pieces of equipment for kickboxers are boxing gloves, hand wraps, shin guards, mouthguards and boxing shoes. When you have all of these, you can rest assured that your kickboxing sessions will be safe and enjoyable.
What equipment is required for boxing?The essential boxing equipment every boxer needs, includes: Boxing Gloves. No boxer is complete without a pair of boxing gloves, Boxing Shoes. Wearing the right boxing shoes is crucial for your performance in the ring, Hand Wraps, Headgear, Mouthguard, Punching Bag (Heavy Bags), Skipping Rope , Technical Pads (Mitts), Focus Mitts, Timer and Body Protector (Groin Guard).
What is the best item of protective clothing for kickboxing in Dubai?
What stores in Dubai sell kickboxing accessories?Gym 360, Twofour 54, Kenz Sports, MMA XXprime, Fight Corner, and Push Sports are some of the stores in Dubai that sell kickboxing accessories.
What equipment do I need to start kickboxing?Equipment such as headgear, a mouthpiece, shin guards, and a cup for male kickboxers are needed for sparring sessions. These items help to protect you during combative training. Note that wearing any training gear other than boxing gloves and hand wraps is not recommended for hitting the punching bag. For bags, you will need a punching bag and gloves to help add an element of resistance to your training session. For high-intensity workouts and drills, you will also need a resistant training partner, a jump rope, and space to move around.
What are the essential safety items for a beginner kickboxer in Dubai?For a beginner kickboxer in Dubai, the following safety items are essential:
1. Mouthguard: A good quality mouthguard should be worn to help protect your teeth, jaw, tongue, and lips from injury.
2. Headgear: Headgear is important to wear while kickboxing to protect the head and face from injury.
3. Hand Wraps: Hand wraps help to protect the wrists, knuckles, and fingers from trauma and dirt.
4. Hand Pads: Hand pads guard against cuts, scrapes, and bruise while striking a bag or partner.
5. Groin Protectors: Groin protectors guard against painful blows to the groin.
6. Shin Pads: Shin pads provide the necessary protection from the kicks and knees.
7. MMA Gloves: MMA gloves provide extra protection to the knuckles and are particularly useful for sparring.
What are the best kickboxing stores in Dubai?1. Strike MMA
2. Elite Sports UAE
3. Warrior Martial Arts
4. Rampage MMA
5. Kingdom MMA
6. MMA Gym UAE
7. Dubai Fitness
8. Fight Gear Duba
9. Emirates Fight Store
10. Kick & Punch MMA Equipment
Where is the nearest kickboxing store in Dubai?A popular kickboxing store in Dubai is Cleo’s Kickboxing. It is located in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, close to Dubai Marina.
What other martial arts stores are near Dubai?1. Al Khail Martial Arts Supplies (Deira)
2. Martial Arts Shop (Sheikh Zayed Road)
3. Budo Martial Arts (Al Karama)
4. MZ Martial Arts (International City)
5. Nippon Martial Arts (Al Quoz)
6. HAYA Martial Arts (Jumeirah)
7. U.A.E Martial Arts (Business Bay)
8. Batul Second Hand Martial Arts Accessories (JLT)
9. United Martial Arts (Mirdif City Centre)
10.Dubai Martial Arts Academy (Al Khawaneej) MYFITAPE offers the largest pool of Kickboxing coaches and trainers in UAE including Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi and Ajman. View the marketplace to explore options.