Are you a relatively busy person who wants to get in shape? HIIT sprint workouts could be exactly what you need. HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training and it’s one of the best ways to get toned and lose fat in minimal time. This guide breaks down how you can do a HIIT sprint workout and explains the benefits of this type of exercise. Read on to learn more.
What is a HIIT Sprint Workout?
A HIIT sprint workout is a type of high-intensity interval training. Generally, this type of workout consists of alternating between periods of high-intensity and low-intensity exercise for a relatively short period of time. HIIT sprint workouts are great because they produce results in less time than longer workouts like long-distance running sessions. Plus, you will burn fat long after your workout is done, since your body is still working to recover.
Instructions for HIIT Sprint Workout
Getting started with a HIIT sprint workout is easy. There is no special equipment you need and you can do it in almost any space. Here’s how you can get started with your own HIIT sprint workout:
- Choose your exercises. Your HIIT sprint workout should consist of both intense and low-intensity exercises.
- Set a timer. You should set your timer for 30 seconds for each exercise. Aim for 15 seconds for low-intensity exercises and 45 seconds for high-intensity exercises.
- Do the workout. Move from exercise to exercise quickly, and at a moderate-high intensity. Try to push yourself and keep as much of your energy high as you can.
- Rest. Take a break in between sprints and allow your body to recover. Spend no longer than 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat. Aim to do at least 5 rounds of your HIIT sprint workout.
Benefits of HIIT Sprint Workouts
There are many benefits to doing HIIT sprint workouts. Here are a few of the biggest benefits of this type of exercise:
- You will burn fat quickly, since your body is working at a high intensity for a relatively short amount of time.
- Your metabolism will stay high long after you’ve finished your workout, so you will still be burning calories.
- Your heart and lungs will become stronger from the intense exercise, leading to improved cardiovascular health.
- You can do a HIIT sprint workout anywhere, anytime.
Q: Will I get tired easily doing a HIIT sprint workout?
A: It is normal to feel tired after a HIIT sprint workout. But that’s a good thing! That means your body is working hard and you’re getting stronger.
Q: How often should I do a HIIT sprint workout?
A: You should do a HIIT sprint workout 2-3 times a week for best results.
Q: Will I get bulky from doing HIIT sprint workouts?
A: No. HIIT sprint workouts are designed to help you lose fat and get fit, not build big muscles.