Is Custard Good for Weight Loss? Here’s the Guide
If you love custard but fear it may ruin your diet and weight loss goals, don’t panic! If made with low-fat milk, the nutritional value of custard is less than that of cream, and depending on what type of custard you buy, it can be quite low in calories. Before we answer the big question—is custard good for weight loss?—let’s take a look at the nutritional value of custard, and answer some frequently asked questions about custard and weight loss.
The Nutritional Value of Custard
The nutritional value of custard depends largely on the ingredients used to make it. However, it’s difficult to find scientifically accurate and reliable nutrition facts for home-made custard, so let’s talk about store-bought custard, which will usually have the following nutritional value:
- 100-160 calories per serving – Serving sizes are usually 150-200g.
- 25-40g carbohydrate – Carbohydrates provide your body with energy.
- 0-7g protein – Protein builds and repairs your body’s cells and tissues.
- 3-8g fat – Fat provides your body with essential fatty acids.
- 0-2g dietary fibers – Dietary fibers help keep your digestion regular.
Is Custard Good for Weight Loss?
The answer is yes, provided you consume it in moderation. Custard contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, but like other desserts, it should be enjoyed in moderation and not as part of every meal. Store-bought custard is usually high in sugar but relatively low in fat, and because of its low-fat content, some dieticians believe it could even help people lose weight.
Book Weight Loss Services With MYFITAPE
MYFITAPE provides suitable weight loss services for different people and different goals. With the help of our experienced team, you can reach your expected weight in the time you expect. Our customized meal plans, nutritionist consultations, and exercise plans will help you achieve your desired results.
How to Book ?
Booking our weight-loss services is easy. First, sign up to create an account on the MYFITAPE platform. Once registered, you’ll be able to book a session with one of our experts. You can also schedule a free consultation with one of our nutritionists or fitness instructors to discuss the best weight-loss plan for you.
- Is Custard Good for Weight Loss? Yes, provided you consume it in moderation.
- Can MYFITAPE help me with weight loss? Yes, with the help of our experienced team, you can reach your expected weight in the time you expect.
- How do I book? Sign up to create an account on the MYFITAPE platform. Once registered, you’ll be able to book a session with one of our experts.