Is Rice Part of a Weight Loss Diet?
When it comes to maintaining a healthy weight, diet plays a major role. One food that is often debated when it comes to weight loss is rice. While many people believe that rice should be avoided in a weight loss diet, the truth is that rice can be part of a healthy diet and can even help with weight loss if you are mindful of the types and quantities that you eat.
Rice Types & Nutritional Value
Rice comes in many types, each of which have a different nutritional value. White rice, for example, is highly processed, which strips it of most of its nutritional value and healthy fiber. Brown rice, on the other hand, is minimally processed, leaving it with a greater range of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Health Benefits of Rice
Not only is rice a good source of energy and carbohydrates, but it also contains many essential nutrients such as magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and thiamin. Furthermore, brown rice is a good source of dietary fiber, which is known to improve digestion and help reduce the risk of some chronic diseases, such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Weight Loss Diet
When it comes to weight loss, it is important to make sure that you are eating a balanced diet that includes all the essential nutrients your body needs. Rice can be part of a healthy diet, but it should be balanced with other nutritious foods such as fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. Additionally, moderating your portion size is key to successful weight loss.
MYFITAPE Weight Loss Services
At MYFITAPE, we understand the importance of not only diet, but also exercise and mental wellbeing in the weight loss journey. Our experienced dieticians and nutritionists work with you to devise a customized diet and exercise plan to suit your individual needs and goals. With accountability and support, our dieticians and nutritionists provide you with the essential tools to get the results you want.
Book a Session
Booking an appointment with one of our dieticians or nutritionists is quick and easy. Simply visit our website or download the MYFITAPE app to select a time and get started!
- Can I eat rice while on a weight loss diet? Yes, moderating your portion size and choosing more nutritious types of rice such as brown rice can help you reach your weight loss goals.
- How can MYFITAPE help? MYFITAPE provides personalized diet and exercise plans, tailored to your individual needs and goals. Our experienced dieticians and nutritionists also provide support, guidance, and accountability on your weight loss journey.
- How do I book a session? You can book a session on our website or with the MYFITAPE mobile app. Simply select a time that works for you and get started!
How many calories does rice contain?Rice typically contains between 130-150 calories per 100 grams.
What are the benefits of including rice in a weight loss diet?The benefits of including rice in a weight loss diet include:
1. Low Calorie: Rice is a low calorie food – 100g of cooked rice contains around 130 calories, providing a nutritious and calorie-controlled food source for those looking to lose weight.
2. Low Fat: Rice is low in fat containing less than 1g of fat per 100g of cooked rice. This is beneficial for weight loss as low-fat foods are typically lower in calories than higher-fat foods.
3. High in Fiber: Rice is a good source of dietary fiber, a type of carbohydrate that is not digested by the body and helps to increase feelings of fullness. This can help with weight loss as it might help to reduce calories consumed.
4. High in Complex Carbohydrates: Rice is a good source of complex carbohydrates, which are beneficial for weight loss as they break down slowly and keep you full for longer.
5. Rich in Nutrients: Rice is a rich source of several essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients important for good health. It contains B-vitamins, iron, zinc, magnesium and potassium.