Swimming is an awesome way to get fit and relieve stress! If you’re an adult wanting to learn to swim in Dubai, you’re in luck – there are lots of excellent swimming instructors and facilities available. To help get you started, here’s a guide to swimming lessons in Dubai for adults.
Finding the Right Coaching
When it comes to finding the best swimming lesson provider, you want somebody with experience, knowledge and a passion for teaching. Look for evidenced-based qualifications and proven success stories.
Qualifications to look out for include:
- ASA Level 1 Swimming Teacher, the entry-level pre-requisite to become a swimming instructor.
- ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher, the next level for those looking for a comprehensive understanding of swimming.
- Rescue award – perfect for teaching self-rescue techniques.
Finding the Right Facility
When looking for a swimming facility for your lessons, you want to make sure the staff is friendly and approachable, the pool is well kept and a suitable size for the number of people swimming in it. Decide what you’re looking for in a swimming school:
- Swimming Lessons for Adults – Many facilities offer swimming lessons tailored specifically to adult learners.
- Lesson times – available during the day, evening or weekend?
- Location – Will you have to drive far or can you access public transport easily?
- What type of swimming lessons do you offer? Many facilities offer group and private lessons tailored specifically to adult learners.
- Do you offer discounts? It’s worth asking if the facility offers any discounts.
- Do you offer free trials? Some facilities offer free trial lessons to adults before you commit to a course.
Using MyFitape to Find Your Swimming Lesson Provider
MyFITAPE is an online platform connecting people with fitness and wellness services across the UAE. You can use it to easily find swimming lesson providers in Dubai that offer the qualifications and facilities you’re looking for. To get started just log on to the website and enter your requirements in the search box. You can then compare and select the swimming schools that best meet your needs.
Happy Swimming!Can adults be taught to swim?Swimming lessons for adults are available in the following three levels, developed to meet the needs of adult learners: 1) Learning the Basics: earn basic swimming strokes and skills needed to stay safe, and help keep others safe in and around the water.
What are the benefits of swimming lessons for adult learners in Dubai?1. Improved overall fitness: Swimming is a great form of cardiovascular exercise, helping to keep your heart healthy and improve your endurance.
2. Stress relief: Swimming can be a great way to mentally relax, unwind, and find peace by being in the pool.
3. Injury prevention: Knowing how to swim properly can help reduce the risk of injury while participating in aquatic activities.
4. Improved social skills: Learning to swim can help improve social interaction by introducing you to new people and allowing you to meet other swimmers.
5. Improved coordination and motor skills: Developing your coordination and motor skills can help you become more agile and aware of your body and environment.
6. Learning a life skill: Learning to swim is an essential life skill, giving you the knowledge, confidence, and experience to enjoy a range of water-based activities safely.
7. Increased confidence: Being able to swim proficiently can help give you the confidence to take on more challenging activities, like water sports.
How many days do adults take to learn swimming?Hi rajeev , It takes minimum 1 month to learn basics of swimming.. but if u have fear from water then it may take more than a month. Or if you’re dedicated and learning very fast . u will be able to learn swimming soon.. But all it needs a proper guideline.. find a good swimming club and start your… Journey of learning swimming.
Are there any private swimming lesson providers in Dubai for adults?Yes, there are private swimming lesson providers in Dubai for adults. SwimCo Academy, Dubai Swimming Academy, Get Wet Academy, Loula Swim School, and Tech Swimming Dubai are a few of the many private swim lesson providers in Dubai that offer adult classes.
How much does it cost to take swimming classes in Dubai?WHAT IS THE PRICE FOR SWIMMING CLASSES IN DUBAI, ABU DHABI, SHARJAH – UAE. Compare prices of all the available Swimming Classes in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah – UAE. The cheapest course costs 68.75 AED. The most expensive course costs 2100 AED The average cost of taking a course in UAE is 635 AED. The cost of taking swimming classes in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah – UAE depends on various factors such as location, duration of the course and the type of swimming being taught. Factors like whether the course is private or group, the level of training, and availability of the trainers affect the pricing.
What are the common swimming techniques taught in adult swimming lessons in Dubai?1. Freestyle
6. Elementary Backstroke
7. Deep-water Running
8. Endurance Training
10. Flip Turns
11. Basic Stroke Refinement
12. Rescue and Safety Training
What is the best adult swimming lesson in Dubai?The best adult swimming lesson in Dubai is provided by the Swimming Academy, Dubai. The academy offers highly personalized and structured classes that cover both technical drills and drills designed to help individuals improve their strokes and become more proficient swimmers. It also offers lessons for those wishing to learn how to swim for the first time. Classes are available in the mornings, evenings or on weekends, enabling students to fit their swimming lesson into their daily schedule.
What is the cost of adult swimming lessons in Dubai?The cost of adult swimming lessons in Dubai can vary depending on which provider and package you choose. Generally, you can find swimming classes for around AED 60-100 per hour. However, prices may vary according to different factors such as location and the type of swim instruction being offered. Private lessons tend to be more expensive than group lessons, but they can provide more personalised instruction. Furthermore, the cost of lessons may also depend on the level of experience of the trainer and the specific swimming skills being developed.
What is the cost of private swimming lessons in Dubai?The cost of private swimming lessons in Dubai ranges from AED 60 per person per hour to AED 1,200 for a package of 10 lessons. It depends on the instructor’s rate and the type of lessons you choose. Private lessons with experienced instructors tend to cost more than group classes due to the more personalised attention given to each student. Costs may also vary depending on the skills being taught and the swimming level of each individual.
What is the average cost of swimming lessons in Dubai?The average cost of swimming lessons in Dubai ranges from AED 250 – AED 600 per month, depending on the swimming institute and the type of lessons (private/group) you are looking for. Prices may also vary depending on the experience of the instructor and the swimmer’s skill level. It is important to note that private lessons tend to be more expensive than group lessons, but can provide more personalised instruction.
What is the duration of swimming lessons in Dubai?The duration of swimming lessons in Dubai typically depends on the school, the student’s age and the type of lesson being taken. Private lessons typically last for one hour, group lessons for kids typically last for thirty minutes to a full hour, and some schools offer swimming classes that last for multiple hours. The length of the lessons can also vary depending on the individual skill level of the student.
How long is the swimming lesson program in Dubai?The swimming lesson program in Dubai varies in length depending on the instructor and the student’s skill level. Generally, swimming lessons last around 30 minutes each with many programs requiring multiple sessions and lessons. Most lessons might involve learning strokes, respiratory control, floating, and technique exercises. Some swim instructors offer packages that may be for a minimum of 5 to 10 sessions.
Swimming is a great recreational activity and excellent form of exercise, making it a valuable life skill to have. For adult learners in Dubai, here’s a comprehensive guide to taking up swimming lessons and maximising your time in the pool.
- Find a swimming pool facility in your location: Dubai has numerous swimming pools and leisure centres that offer swimming lessons for adult learners. You can take a look at the incomplete list of swimming pool options in Dubai.
- Gather the necessary swimming essentials: Before you take a dip in the pool, make sure you have the necessary swimming items such as:
- Swimming cap
- Swimming goggles.
- Evaluate your swimming level: Before you sign up for classes, determine your swimming level first. You may ask your instructor if they offer assessment classes to determine your swimming abilities and categorise you in the beginners, intermediates, and advances classes.
Taking Swimming Classes
- Choose a quality swimming class: Make sure you select a swimming class that is accredited by a recognised swimming governing body in the Emirates.
- Hire a personalised Dubai-based swimming instructor: Consider hiring a swimming instructor who can offer personalised lessons in the comfort of your home. You can browse local swimming instructor services in your area through the MYFITAPE app.
- Commit to a regular practice schedule: The key to mastering any skill is practice. Give yourself a fighting chance and commit to a regular swimming practice schedule.
- How can I prepare for swimming classes?
It is important to prepare psychologically and physically for swimming lessons. Stay hydrated and get enough rest leading up to your classes. Showing up to your classes tired and dehydrated can leave you feeling exhausted and impede your learning.
- How can MYFITAPE help adult learners find swimming services in Dubai?
MYFITAPE is the most convenient way to find and book a variety of fitness and swimming-related services within Dubai. You can easily find and book quality swimming instructors, swimming classes online, and access pool facilities.
Learning to swim as an adult learner can seem daunting at first, but with the right guidance and commitment, successfully mastering the skill will be an extremely rewarding experience. With the help of MYFITAPE, you can easily access the necessary swimming services in Dubai and get started quickly. We wish you luck in achieving your swimming goals!
How much does the swimming lesson program in Dubai cost?The cost of swimming lessons in Dubai can vary depending on the program, instructor, and swimming ability of the student. Generally, private swimming lessons can range from AED 80–150 per hour and group lessons can cost AED 50–120 per hour.
What swimming facilities are available in Dubai?There are numerous swimming facilities available in Dubai. For outdoor swimming, visitors can enjoy the warm waters of the Arabian Gulf and visit one of the city’s many beaches. Alternatively, visitors can also cool off in one of Dubai’s large and luxurious public swimming pools, such as The Lagoon in Dubai Marina, The Palm Pool in Palm Jumeirah, or Wild Wadi Water Park located in Jumeirah. Dubai also offers a range of private pools located in luxurious hotels, resorts and spas, such as Atlantis The Palm, Jumeirah Al Qasr, and Marriott Harbour Hotel and Suites. There are also several popular indoor public pools, such as the Aquaventure pool at Atlantis The Palm, Marina Mall’s pool, and Nasimi Beach at Atlantis The Palm.
Are there any private swimming pools in Dubai?Yes, there are private swimming pools in Dubai. These are usually located in private villas, upscale hotels, and resorts. Private swimming pools usually offer more privacy and luxury than public pools, making them perfect for more exclusive swimming experiences. Some of the more popular private swimming pools in Dubai include Aquaventure at Atlantis The Palm, Emerald pool at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, and Nasimi Beach at Atlantis The Palm.
What types of private swimming pools are there in Dubai?1. Prefabricated Pools: Prefabricated pools are ready-to-install swimming pools that come as a complete unit, consisting of the pool, filter, pump and other pool accessories. Prices for prefabricated pools start from around AED 40,000.
2. Custom-built Swimming Pools: Custom-built pools are built from the ground up in Dubai’s outdoor spaces and are typically the most popular option for private residential pools. Custom-built pools require higher upfront investments due to the complexity of their construction, but may cost less than a prefab in the long run due to their greater flexibility.
3. Inground Pools: An inground pool is a swimming pool that is built into the ground, making it appear to be part of the landscape. Inground pools offer an upscale aesthetic, but they do require considerably more manual labor and money compared to other types of pools.
4. Above-ground Pools: Above-ground pools offer an affordable and practical solution for private pools in Dubai. They are relatively easy to install and can be purchased in different sizes, shapes and designs. The downside of above-ground pools is that they don’t offer the same level of durability and safety as inground pools.
What are the restrictions on private swimming pools in Dubai?Private swimming pools must adhere to the following regulations in Dubai:
1. The pool must be a minimum of 1 meter deep, and the walls must be at least 75cm above the water level.
2. The walls of a pool must be lined with a non-slip material to prevent slipping or slipping and falling.
3. The pool must be surrounded by a fence that is a minimum of 1.2 meters high, with a secure gate.
4. The pool must be properly maintained and cleaned to prevent the circulation of bacteria and other potential health risks.
5. A pool must contain the necessary facilities for safe entry and exit, such as ladders, handrails and water safety equipment.
6. Search and rescue floats should be provided with a clearly visible sign that says “NO DIVING”.
7. Pool safety signage must be posted near the pool at all times.
8. Pool owners must also ensure that anyone using their pool is properly trained in water safety.
What are the dimensions of a private swimming pool in Dubai?The size of private swimming pools in Dubai can vary greatly, as there are no restrictions on the size of a pool in Dubai. Private pools can range from small plunge pools up to large, luxurious lagoon-style pools. The size of the pool will depend on the size and budget of the property. Generally speaking, pools should be a minimum of 1 meter deep and the walls should be at least 75cm above the water level.
What is the average size of a private swimming pool in Dubai?According to Dubai Municipality, the average size of a private swimming pool in Dubai is 15 to 20 meters long, 4 to 5 meters wide, and 1.4 meters deep.
What is the cost of building a private swimming pool in Dubai?The cost of building a private swimming pool in Dubai depends on the size and type of pool desired, as well as the quality and materials used in its construction. A basic in-ground swimming pool with minimal amenities can cost from AED 100,000 to AED 400,000, while an elaborate pool with multiple features like water slides or a hot tub can cost upwards of AED 1 million, depending on the complexity of the design.
What are the restrictions for building a private swimming pool in Dubai?1. Pools must be located at least 10 meters (33ft) away from any neighbouring buildings, depending on construction materials used.
2. All private swimming pools and their immediately adjoining areas must be fenced to a minimum height of 1.2 meters (4ft)
3. A minimum setback of 2 meters (6.5ft) away from the property boundary is required if the fence is to be built along or adjoining the boundary line.
4. An approved child safety alarm must be installed and be audible within the house and any connected buildings.
5. All necessary permits must be obtained:
– Building permit
– Swimming pool permit
– Trade license
– Villa and property title deed
– Electricity and water connection permits
– Noris registration certificate
6. The swimming pool must be insured against any damage and accident liability.
What are the safety regulations for owning a private swimming pool in Dubai?1. The pool must have a properly designed, correctly installed and maintained fencing with self-closing, self-latching gates.
2. The ladder or step leading into the pool must be securely locked and/or removed when the pool is not in use.
3. Metal pool coverings may be used but must be securely locked when the pool is not in use.
4. Pool wells, where applicable, must be securely covered when not in use.
5. It is recommended that a life saving floatation device be available with all swimming pools.
6. It is advisable to install an anti-entrapment system with all existing swimming pools.
7. Regular maintenance of the pool, including cleaning, filtration and water management must be carried out.
8. No swimming is allowed until the pool owner has obtained a certificate of approval from authorized government bodies.
9. No minors under the age of 16 can enter the pool unsupervised.
What are the pesticide regulations for owning a private swimming pool in Dubai?In Dubai, the use of any form of pesticide in a private swimming pool is strictly prohibited by law. Additionally, it is required that private swimming pools must be cleaned regularly, and any waste water from swimming pools must be disposed of in an approved sewage system. Failing to comply with the regulations can result in fines or other legal penalties.
What licensing is required to own a private pool in Dubai?In Dubai, it is mandatory to obtain a commercial license to own a private pool. This commercial license is issued by the Dubai Municipality. The owner of the pool must ensure the pool meets the Dubai Municipality’s strict standards. The operator must also abide by all relevant laws and regulations regarding health and safety and sanitation.
What is the process for obtaining a pool license in Dubai?1. Get a UAE residence visa: To obtain a pool license in Dubai, you must have a UAE residence visa.
2. Obtain a Trade License & License Certificate from the Department of Economic Development (DED): To obtain a Pool License from the Dubai Municipality, you must first obtain a trade license and license certificate from DED.
3. Purchase the required Risk Assessment Insurance: It is obligatory for owners of a swimming pool to purchase the necessary risk assessment insurance.
4. Apply for the Pool License: Attach all the necessary documents, along with the application form, and submit them to the Public Health and Safety Department of the Dubai Municipality.
5. Get an Initial Approval: Once you have submitted the necessary documents, the Dubai municipality will review them and provide you with an initial approval.
6. Get a Final Approval: After you have received the initial approval, visit the municipality office, submit the required documents and fees, and get a final approval.
7. Open the Pool: After getting all the essential approvals, you can open the pool for use. Follow the guidelines and rules of the Dubai Municipality to make sure the pool meets its standards.
What documents are required to obtain a pool license in Dubai?1. Valid trade license from the Department of Economic Development
2. Pooling & Amateur Gaming License from the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing
3. Pooling & Amateur Gaming Rules & Regulations from Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing
4. Pool Size Certification from Dubai Municipality
5. Pool Plan Submission to the Dubai Municipality
6. Health and Safety Procedures & Protocols to Dubai Municipality
7. Private Pool Ownership Agreement from Dubai Municipality
8. Approved Pool Water Samples from Dubai Municipality
9. Pool Area No Objection Certificate from Dubai Tourism & Commerce Marketing
10. Dubai Civil Defense Fire and Safety Certificate
11. General Prohibitory Order from Dubai Police Academy
12. Pool Rules & Regulations from Dubai Police
13. Approval of signage/promotional material from Dubai Police.
What type of swimming pool requires a license in Dubai?All public swimming pools require a license in Dubai. This includes indoor and outdoor municipal pools, public hotels and resorts, private pools, and water parks.
What type of license do I need in Dubai to run a swimming pool?In Dubai, you will need to apply for a Swimming Pool Work Permit from the Dubai Municipality in order to operate a swimming pool. The permit will be issued by the Dubai Municipality Sports Facilities Regulation Department. The application process requires documents such as a valid trade license, letter of undertaking and a detailed plan of the pool. It also may require certain approvals from other government authorities, such as the Dubai Civil Defense.
How much does a swimming pool license cost in Dubai?The exact cost of obtaining a swimming pool license in Dubai is dependent on the individual business situation. Generally, businesses seeking a pool license are required to pay a one-time fee, plus annual license and municipality fees. Fees for a swimming pool license in Dubai can cost anywhere from AED 30,000 to AED 100,000.
What documents do I need to apply for a swimming pool license in Dubai?To apply for a swimming pool license in Dubai, you will need to provide the following documents:
1. A valid trade license issued in Dubai
2. A valid Emirates ID
3. Copies of approved plans and specifications, including schematic drawings of the pool itself
4. Copy of an executed tenancy contract (for pools located in leased buildings)
5. Completed copy of the local authority registration form
6. Copy of Dubai Municipality health certificate
7. Payment of the required fees
8. Other documents and approvals, such as Dubai Civil Defense or government permits, may be required.
What is the cost to apply for a swimming pool license in Dubai?The cost to apply for a swimming pool license in Dubai will depend on the size of the pool, but typically ranges from AED 1,500 to AED 3,000. In addition to the registration fee, you may need to pay other fees such as municipality fees, insurance fees, professional fees, and any required approvals from other government authorities.
What is the information required to apply for a swimming pool license in Dubai?In Dubai, all swimming pools must be licensed with Dubai Municipality. To apply for a swimming pool license, you will need to submit the following documents:
1. Application form.
2. Copy of the property title deed.
3. Swimming pool design.
4. Certificate of structural suitability for swimming pools.
5. Civil defense approval certificate.
6. Evidence of payment of applicable fees.
7. Insurance for the proposed premises.
8. Copy of the municipality approved plan for swimming pools.
9. Copy of the contractor’s commercial license.
10. Technical information about the swimming pool.
What is the cost of a swimming pool license in Dubai?A swimming pool license in Dubai costs AED 5,000 plus VAT. This includes registration fees, professional fees, municipality fees, insurance fees and any other applicable fees.
What is required to get a swimming pool license in Dubai?In order to obtain a swimming pool license in Dubai, you must have a valid Dubai Municipality pool license. To apply for this license, you must submit the application form, provide all necessary documents, including a detailed pool plan and maintenance report, provide proof of adequate pool safety and hygiene measures, and pass a pre-inspection. The license is usually valid for one year and must be renewed yearly in order to stay in compliance.
What is the cost of getting a swimming pool license in Dubai?The cost of getting a swimming pool license in Dubai varies depending on the size of the pool and the type of license you need to apply for. However, the estimated cost for a basic license is around AED 200.
What documents do I need to get a swimming pool license in Dubai?In Dubai, the municipality requires pool shops and companies to obtain a Swimming Pool Contractor or Installer Licence from the Dubai Municipality. You will need to fill out an application form, provide proof of professional experience (along with contact details of referees), and submit a valid Certificate of Good Conduct. You must also provide a commercial license, provide a detailed plan of the pool construction, as well as a certificate of completion from the Dubai Municipality’s Building Department. Additionally, you will also be required to submit an engineer’s report after the installation of the pool, before the licence can be issued.
What is the cost of a swimming pool license in Dubai?The cost of a swimming pool license in Dubai varies, depending on the size of the pool and the services provided. Generally, private pool licenses start at around AED3,000 per year, while public pools start at around AED8,000 per year.
What documents are required to obtain a swimming pool license in Dubai?In order to obtain a swimming pool license in Dubai, the following documents will be required:
1. A copy of the property title deed
2. Residency permit of the owners
3. Approval from Dubai Municipality
4. Swimming pool construction drawing
5. Swimming pool license application form
6. Other documents such as safety certificates, health certificates, and site plans may also be required.
What is the cost of obtaining a swimming pool license in Dubai?The cost of obtaining a swimming pool license in Dubai is approximately AED 3,600 ($985 USD). This fee includes the cost of the application form and required documentation.
Is it necessary to renew a swimming pool license in Dubai?Yes, it is necessary to renew a swimming pool license in Dubai annually, so that the license remains valid. Renewal fees will depend on the size of the pool and services offered.
What is the process for obtaining a swimming pool license in Dubai?1. Contact the Dubai Municipality Licensing Authority (DMLA) and inquire about a swimming pool license.
2. Apply for a pool license. Submit all supporting documentation, like a valid UAE trade license, the business plan, and the pool construction plan to the DMLA.
3. The DMLA will inspect the pool after it is constructed to ensure it meets the safety and quality standards for a public swimming pool established by Dubai.
4. Pay the appropriate licensing fee.
5. Once the DMLA approves the license, you will receive a valid swimming pool license to operate the facility in Dubai.
What documents are needed to obtain a swimming pool license in Dubai?In order to obtain a swimming pool license in Dubai, the following documents must be submitted:
1. A copy of the property title deed.
2. A copy of the tenancy contract.
3. A copy of the swimming pool design and layout plan.
4. An ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the relevant local authority.
5. A copy of the Dubai Civil Defence (DCS) approval.
6. A ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the Emirates Industrial Bank.
7. A safety inspection certificate and/or fire safety permit if applicable.
8. A written commitment to comply with all applicable Dubai Municipal and Civil Defence regulations.
9. A swimming pool operator’s license from the Dubai Municipality.
10. A fee payment receipt from the Dubai Municipality.
What is the cost of a swimming pool license in Dubai?The cost of a swimming pool license in Dubai varies depending on the size and complexity of the pool. Generally, licenses can range from around 400 AED to 5000 AED.
What documents are needed to apply for a swimming pool license in Dubai?1. Swimming Pool Security Form
2. Swimming Pool Site Plan
3. Swimming Pool Contributory Structural Plan
4. Swimming Pool Safety Certificate
5. Swimming Pool Building Compliance Certificate
6. Environmental Clearance Certificate
7. Fire Safety Letter of Approval
8. Public Liability Insurance Cover
9. NOC from Freehold Owners Association
10. Payment of all applicable fees
11. Copy of valid trade license
12. Copy of valid Emirates ID of the owner
13. Authorization letter from owner
14. Letter of Indemnity
15. Any other document may be requested by the licensing authority .
What is the procedure to obtain a swimming pool license in Dubai?The procedure for obtaining a swimming pool license in Dubai usually comes under the jurisdiction of Dubai Municipality.
1. The first step is to submit an online application for a swimming pool license through the Dubai Municipality website.
2. Once the application is approved, the applicant must submit additional documents, such as an architect’s plan, civil defense approval certificate, pool design approval certificate, and copy of the business license.
3. After submissions, Dubai Municipality will issue an inspection for the premises where the swimming pool is located.
4. The inspection will check if the premises meets all safety, health, and security regulations.
5. If the inspection is successful, Dubai Municipality will issue the swimming pool license.
What kind of paperwork is required to obtain a swimming pool license in Dubai?In order to obtain a swimming pool license in Dubai, you will need to submit a Swimming Pool Permit Application form and an Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, both of which are available through the Dubai Municipality Department of Public Health & Safety. You will also need to provide a completed Construction Health & Safety Management System (CHSMS), which is approved by the municipality, and two photos of the pool area. In addition, you will need to submit a technical drawing of the pool, floor plans, and proof of ownership of the property and pool. You will also need to provide a valid business license, a civil defense approval certificate, and a proof of occupancy certificate. Finally, the pool must be inspected by the municipality prior to the license being issued.
What is the cost of obtaining a swimming pool license in Dubai?The cost of obtaining a swimming pool license in Dubai will depend on the type of license applied for and the size of the pool. However, all pools will require basic compliance with Dubai Municipality requirements before being licensed, including permits from Dubai Civil Defence, Health and Safety standards, and a valid Dubai Municipality license. Generally, the cost for such a license can range anywhere between AED 5,000 and AED 30,000 or more.
What is the annual fee for a swimming pool license in Dubai?The annual fee for a swimming pool license in Dubai varies depending on the size of the pool. For residential pools, the annual fee is AED 1,000. For public pools, the annual fee is AED 5,000. The annual fees are due on the anniversary date of the pool’s original licensing date.
What are the rules and regulations for swimming pools in Dubai?Swimming pool rules and regulations vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, so it is important to review the rules and regulations in the local Dubai jurisdiction in which the swimming pool is located. Generally speaking, Dubai requires that swimming pools be surrounded by a barrier, such as a fence or wall, and a latch that is at least 1.2 meters in height to prevent unauthorized access. All drains and gutters must be covered or recessed. Safety equipment such as life rings, poles, and backboards must be available. All swimmers must take a shower before entering the pool and patrons are required to wear appropriate swimwear. Fecal matter and other contaminants that are visible to the naked eye must be removed immediately. Additionally, bathing or swimming is prohibited during heavy rain or lightning.
What safety precautions do pools in Dubai have in place?Dubai pools must meet strict safety standards established by the Dubai Municipality. All pools must have fences that are at least 1.5m in height and are designed to prevent small children from accessing the pool area without adult supervision. Pool entrances must be equipped with security gates, and measures must be taken to prevent any unauthorized individuals from entering the premises. Additionally, pool owners must install non-slippery surfaces around the pool and in the water, as well as install signs warning visitors of potential dangers. All pools must also display signs that clearly state swimming rules as well as contact information for the Dubai Municipality, swimming supervision numbers, and rescue and first aid numbers. Finally, pools must comply with chlorine, pH, and temperature regulations for safe swimming.
What safety regulations do Dubai pools need to abide by?The safety regulations that public swimming pools in Dubai must abide by are outlined in the UAE Swimming Pool Regulations and Standards, which include:
1. All public and private swimming pools must employ a qualified lifeguard on duty at all times.
2. All pools must be equipped with an emergency telephone and a first aid kit.
3. Pool depth must be clearly marked at the shallowest point.
4. Pool entry ladder steps must be uniform and without obstruction.
5. All pool stairs and sloped surfaces must have non-slip surfaces.
6. All pool perimeters must be without obstacles and they must meet the minimum safety fence height requirements specified in the regulations.
7. There must be sufficient and safe access to the pool area.
8. All pools must have an adequate number of jets, drains, and pumps and must be regularly serviced and maintained in accordance with regulations.
9. The chemicals used for maintaining pool water must be stored and applied correctly according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
10. All pools must have a regular cleaning regimen in place to ensure the highest standards of sanitization are maintained.
11. All pools must have alarm systems in place to ensure accidental drowning is minimized.
12. The pool must have signage with pool rules, emergency management guidance, and rescue information.
13. All pools must comply with chlorine, pH, and temperature regulations for safe swimming.